Leave!

Chapter 47

*Baelfire*

"Because frankly, I don't want to talk about Wendy." I said truthfully.

"Why not? Did you leave her for some other girl? Or was it her who broke your heart!?" She shouted; she was obviously hurt and heartbroken but her words still stung.

I shook my head and advanced on her, pushing her against the wall so she would listen to me. "No. And don't pretend to act like you know what happened!"

She brought her hand up to hit me but a grabbed her wrist before she could.
"Let me go." She burned holes in my head with her glare.

"Not until you listen to me! Do you know why I came here? Huh? Because of Wendy! I warned her to stay away from Pan's shadow but she didn't listen! So the shadow took her away. The next morning she was back and said that Pan let her go, but that the Shadow was coming to take one of her brothers! Naturally I couldn't let it take them so I let it take me instead!" My voice rose from anger.

"It still doesn't excuse the fact that you didn't tell me! Why did I have to find out like this!? Now I'm going to have Wendy breathing down your neck! And in the end she's going to win and I'm going to lose you forever!" Her voice cracked as tears gushing from her brilliant eyes. She tried to free herself from my grasp again but I held on.

"Does my promise mean nothing to you!?" I questioned, unknowingly tightening my grip on her wrist.

She sniffled, trying not to lose it. She looked right into my eyes, brokenness was inside. "You're hurting me."

My eyes widened a little before I realized I was still gripping her wrist. I let go, and backed away a little. "I-I'm sorry..."

"I think you'd better tell me your story before I find out from someone else." She said while rubbing her wrist.

   I sighed and sat on the bed, burying my head in my hands as I did so. "It started with my mother." I began, "My papa said she was taken by pirates, but in reality, she went voluntarily. She fell in love with the captain. She left my papa, who was the village coward, to take care of me by himself. Well, years past and my papa told me of a man called The Dark One. Papa said that he was going to take his dagger to help win the Ogre Wars. But Papa ended up killing him with The Dark One's own dagger.

     "He began to go mad with power. The darkness took ahold of his heart. He thought he was doing good, but he wasn't." I looked up at Solstice, "He killed innocent people... But I then came across this magical bean from the Blue Fairy. She said that it was the last one to exist. I wanted to use it to bring me and my papa to a place without magic, where we could be happy. He agreed but then backed out at the last second."   I stared off into the distance, remembering that day. "The portal was open, and I was jumping in but my papa dug his dagger in the ground, holding my hand, saying he couldn't do it. I told him not to break our deal. I called him a coward."

    Solstice watched and listened to me as I kept explaining. "And he let go of me. He chose magic over me." I looked up at her, my eyes were wet with tears.      "That's why I hate magic so much." I sucked in a breath, trying to hold it together. "Once I went through the portal, I was in this placed called London. That's when I met Wendy and her family. I was stealing food from them when Wendy found me. She gave me bread and gave me a place to sleep. Her younger brothers, John and Michael, were very friendly. Her parents weren't too thrilled at first to find a strange boy in their children's bedroom, but they let me stay. Wendy grew found of me, I guess I kinda liked her back too."

I saw Sol stiffen at the sound of my confession to liking Wendy.

"Nothing happened." I assured her, "Well no, I take that back."

Solstice sucked in a breath, and stood up. She began to pace.

I sighed, "it was nothing." I stood up, "Wendy, she kissed me. It was nothing." I repeated,

"Oh really?" Solstice questioned, "because it probably meant something to her."

"Why are you so mad?" I walked toward her, "What, is it because Wendy and I kissed? That I liked her? I didn't even know you then!"

"It's not that!" She shouted at me, "it's that you kept it from me. Yes I get the part about your father and mother, but not Wendy. You could've told me about her and you. The way she looked at you... She still thinks you like her. And I think she's right."

"No, that-"

   "Did you not see the way she looked at you!?" Solstice burst out, "She was practically drooling! And the way you looked at her, ugh, it was like something out of a romance book! She's beautiful and stunning and gorgeous and-"

"And not you!" I shook her slightly, "Solstice," I looked her in the eyes, "you're my happy ending. Not her."

She looked away, not wanting to meet my gaze. I turned her chin so she would face me. "I gave you a promise, one that I intend to keep. Solstice, I don't want to lose you. I'm sorry for not telling you." My words were sincere,

She shook her head, "please leave." I heard her whisper.

"Sol-"

"No!!" She backed away from me. "I said leave! I can't deal with his anymore!" Light blue tinted her skin; I thought it best to obey.

I sighed heavily and my head fell, "I'm telling the truth Sol, I hope you'll come to realize that." I walked to the door, hesitating before opening it. I glanced back at Solstice, but she wouldn't look at me. I hung my head and walked out the door.

___________
Omg guys we're so close to 1K reads!!! I'm super happy right now!! :D

Okay so I have a new book out which is called Forever Ember. Please feel free to come and take a look at it! It would mean so much!! (:

Thanks guys! Love ya!