The Battle

Chapter 52

*Solstice*

"Solstice wait!" Bealfire shouted to me as I ran outside of Skull Rock. I didn't wait. I needed to get to the others. Bealfire caught up with me and grabbed ahold of my arm. "Will you wait a second!" He twirled me around so I could face him. "I can't wait! Archer and the others are in trouble!"

"But we can't just raid over there without a plan!" Bae stated firmly.

"We don't have time!" I hissed. "Pan is going to kill them!"

"No he's not." Baelfire said through the pouring rain. "He's using them as bait. Don't you see, if you go over there without a plan then Pan will win."

I shook my head as the thunder crashed and the lighting flashed. "I don't care! Shine is a Blue Star too, and he knows that. He could take her heart instead of mine!"

Bae sighed. "This is a trap."

I nodded, "I know but we don't have much of a choice." I paused, "we need to leave, now."

But suddenly, to our horror, a puff of green smoke swirled around us; engulfing us. I couldn't see anything in front of me, until it faded and I saw that we were back in the forest.

"Wha—" Bae was cut short by who stood before us.

Archer was there, with the torch he used to signal us with; and Felix, holding a knife to his throat. "Well, well, if it isn't the star and Baelfire." Felix sneered. "Pan told us you were leaving Neverland."

"I'm sorry guys." Archer whimpered over the rain. "He got the jump on me and signaled you."

"Where's Shine and Wendy!?" I demanded of Felix.

"You don't have to worry about them." Said an accented voice. "They're all right here."

I turned my head to see Peter Pan with Shine and Wendy. Dustin was there also, who had a deadly looking crossbow held in his hands and a sword in its sheave.

"I guess you got my letter." Pan said with an amused tone. "I thought you would."

I gulped. I needed to think of something, and fast. We need to fight.

"You know, I really thought you were smart enough not to fall for my trap. I guess I was wrong." Pan began to pace, "ah but don't worry, I'll still make use of you."

"Pan, it's me you want. Let them go."  I snarled at him.

"And take the fun out of the game?"
He scoffed, "no. It's much too fun for that."

"This isn't a game!" I shouted, starting to lose my temper. My skin began to tingle; I glanced down and I saw it start to tint blue. Maybe that wasn't such a bad thing right now.

Pan smirked, "take your best shot."

I was just about to hit with magic when Shine burst out. Blue light glided across the air and hit Pan in the back. He flew through the air and hit the ground with a thud. In the confusion, Archer caught Felix off guard and twisted away from his grasp. Baelfire then ran toward Dustin with his sword in hand. Dustin quickly took out his sword and they started to brawl.

Wendy screamed as their blades clashed. She didn't know what to do so she picked up a few sharp rocks and started throwing them at Dustin and Felix.

I glanced at Shine, her arms were still extended and her skin was bright blue. Her eyes were shining as bright as Sun in the afternoon. Although she couldn't speak, her emotions said enough; she was ticked off.