Pan's Games

Chapter 7

*Solstice*

I woke up that morning to find my hut abandoned. 'Bae must have left when I fell asleep.' I knew he would, but somehow I wished he didn't leave. When he was with me I felt safe and secure.

I hopped out of bed and went in the bathroom. I checked my reflection in the mirror. I looked bad. Really bad. My once silky hair was now a knotted mess. I reached in the cabinet for a comb or a brush. To my relief I found a brush tucked away in the far side of the cabinet. I ran the tiny brush through my thick, tangled hair. Then there was light a knock at my door. I set the brush down and trotted to the door.

When I opened it I unexpectedly found Pan standing there.

"Pan, what are you doing here?"

He lifted his eyebrow; his signature gesture. "What, I can't just come over and say hello?"

"Not unless you have some ulterior motive." I crossed my arms and shot him a skeptical look.

He gave an amused smile, "ah well I guess you got me there." Pan's accent made my heart flutter.

"What's up?"

"Well, Cale gave you that necklace of purple and blue so I wanted to see if you were okay."

I furrowed my brow; I was confused on his sudden interest in my wellbeing. "That's funny, cause yesterday you acted like you couldn't care less."

"Ah don't be like that." Pan cocked his head playfully.

"No really. What do you want?"

"you'reso quick to suspect." He winked, "I wanted to make sure you were all right. Did anything else happen last night?"

I hesitated for a moment.

'I'm not going to tell Pan that Bae stopped by, he'd get the wrong idea. Should I tell him about the dream?—What!? Am i going insane!?  Of course I shouldn't tell him!  Pan was in my dream, he took my heart out! He was going to kill me. I don't want to put any ideas in his head.'

"No, nothing." I lied, "But if hearing creepy crying in the middle of the night passes as 'anything else,' the yes."

Pan smirked, then turned to walk out the door, but he abruptly turned around to face me. "Just a fair warning, the games are going to be amusing."

I scrunched up my face. "The games?"

Pan snickered, "don't say I didn't warn you." Then he pivoted on his heel and walked out the door, leaving me to my thoughts.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Peter Pan*

The time for the games was here. I called the boys and Solstice over to the training field ready to have some fun.

"Come on boys!" I called out to them, "let's play."

"Wait! Pan!" Solstice cried out, "what are you going to do?"

I took a crossbow from it's resting place on the dirt and pointed it at her forehead, "I call it target practice."

Sol's face went pure white. She was so adorable.

Dustin and Cale took each one of Sol's arms and dragged her over to a target. She screeched at them to let her go.
They didn't let go.

"Wait Pan!" Bealfire called out, "can't you stop this!?"

I eyed Bealfire suspiciously; "We can't end the party when the real fun is about to begin."

Cale and Dustin tied her hands behind her back, her feet together, and her waist to the target so she wouldn't try to flee.

'This might be a bad idea. What if she gets hit? What if she gets hurt? Or worse, killed?—vStop thinking like that! Either way, I'll come out on top.
Peter Pan never fails.'

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

"This is going to be fun." Cale snickered silently.

I knew he was enjoying this. He was a sick and twisted boy. I wonder what his parents did wrong with him.

I tried to free myself from the rope that bound my hands and feet but it held tight. I looked at Bae and Archer; pleading with them to do something. They both looked extremely worried but they didn't do anything to stop it.

"Rule four," Bae's words echoed through me, "never interfere with one of Pan's games."

'What were they going to do to me!?'
Panic began to rise in my chest, threatening to suffocate me. I pulled on the rope again.

"Don't pull on the rope, it will only make it tighter." Archer called out.

He was right. The binding rope tightened around me; pain shot through my body—I felt as if I was being crushed. I gasped as the rope grew tighter and tighter. I was going to have some more bruises.

"So who wants to shoot first?" Pan called out to the boys. No one moved.

"Archer? You want to shoot?" Pan asked him with a slight smirk. Archer's once tan skin now became pale. He shook his head no. Shrugging, Pan walked over to Bae. "How about it Baelfire?" He tossed the crossbow at him. Bae caught the bow and glared at Pan but he took position.

I gulped.

'Please miss. Please miss!'

Bae looked up at me; it seemed like his eyes were saying I-won't-hit-you. That look gave me a little comfort but not enough to control my nerves.

'He won't hit me.' I tried to convince myself. 'He will not hit me.'

Bae held up the crossbow, took aim, and shot.

WHIZZ

The arrow flew by, missing only by a few inches. I exhaled, relived by the outcome. I glanced over to the other Lost Boys. Archer looked relived. Dustin looked confused. Cale looked mad. Felix seemed like he couldn't care less. And Pan, well Pan's face was completely blank. No emotion what so ever.

"Who's next?" Pan bellowed.

"I am." Dustin didn't even hesitate.
He took the crossbow from Bae, loaded an arrow, and took position. He stood there for what felt like hours. Dustin was intentionally making me wait; watching me squirm.

"Anytime your ready Dusty." Felix spat.

Dustin rolled his eyes but he finally let the arrow fly. It whipped through the air. To my relief the arrow missed me, hitting the yellow ring.

"Enough of this!" Cale shouted, obviously frustrated. He snatched the bow out of Dustin's hands and pushed him out of the way. "Let me show you how a real archer does it."

Now I was scared. My heart was beating against my ribcage, threatening to burst. Cale was an excellent shot when it came to a bow. He wasn't as skilled as Archer but he was good. Really good. I knew he wouldn't intentionally miss.

Cale took position, knocked the arrow and set in his sights. In the next moment he let the arrow go. It soared through the air coming closer, ready to sink into my flesh.