Unexpected

Chapter 8

*Solstice*

Cale shot the arrow, aiming right for me. I shrieked and snapped my eyes shut, ready for the pain. But, it never came. I opened my eyes to find that the arrow was frozen right in front of my face. I glanced over to the boys. Pan's glowing hand was lifted in the air.

My pulse raced and my breathing was heavy. 'He stopped the arrow.' It took a few moments for my brain to compute. 'Pan...saved me? If it wasn't for Pan, I would've died. Cale would've killed me. That was definitely a kill shot. Why did he save me?'

The hovering arrow finally fell to the ground. I yelped with surprise. I looked over to see Cale's expression; he didn't look happy. His face was twisted with rage. I could tell he wanted to attack Pan but I knew he wouldn't do it. He feared the great Peter Pan.

When the shock on everyones face's subsided, Bae and Archer raced over to my side.

"Are you okay!?" They both said in unison. I nodded my head, not trusting my voice. I pretended to be strong at this moment but on the inside I was sobbing.

Archer pulled out his knife and cut away the binding rope. As soon as the rope fell away, Bae pulled me into a hug.

He leaned in and whispered, "It's okay to not be okay."

I whimpered in response which only made Bae hug me tighter. A tear escaped my eye and slowly made its way down my cheek. I searched the small group to find Pan's gaze but he wasn't there.

'Where'd he go? I need to thank him.'

I hastily glanced around for Pan but instead of finding him, my eyes locked onto Cale's. His face was red with anger. Then he mouthed, "next-time."

I shuddered.

Bae let me go and glared at Cale. I could've swore Bae's eyes said
watch-out-Cale,-I'm-coming-for you-.

My body shook; I was weak from the adrenaline that coursed through me just moments ago. I leaned against the target to steady myself.

"You should go sit down." Archer suggested.

I nodded.

Both boys helped me steady myself and we walked over to the pond.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

When we got to the pond, Archer and Bae gently set me against a nearby rock.

"Hey Archer could you give us a minute?" Bae asked without taking his eyes off of me.

Archer looked at me, hesitant to leave me alone.

"It's okay Archer. I'll be fine." I assured him with a smile. He then nodded his head and walked away from us.

Once Archer was out of sight, Bae sat down next to me. "You're not alright, are you?"

I sat there; I was at war with myself if I should show my true feelings to him. But I needed to let it out. I whimpered, "No, I'm not." I then broke down, hot tears dashed down my cheeks, sobs escaped my throat. Bae pulled me into a hug, which only caused me cry harder. I dug my head into his shoulder and wept.

Bae said nothing, he just held me firmly and stroked my hair.

The light breeze danced across the land, the clouds rolled lazily along, the trees gossiped among themselves, and I sat there in Bea's embrace, sobbing.

My cries finally stopped, my eyes dried up, but Bae still held me. I felt safe wrapped up in his arms. I felt wanted.
I felt loved.  But I then fell asleep.

___________________

•Disclaimer•

I sadly do not own Baelfire, Peter Pan or any of the characters who belong to the awesome show Once Upon A Time.

But I do own all the others in this book such as Solstice, Archer, Cale, and Shine! (;