Broken

Chapter 49

*Baelfie*

I couldn't believe what I heard. Archer told me Pan found Solstice in the forest and that she tried to kill herself.

This was all my fault.

I tried to go after her once I saw her run off, but she was too fast. I couldn't follow. So I ended up telling everyone to keep a look out. That's when Pan found her. Apparently she took out her own heart and tried to crush it.

I wish Wendy never stepped foot back on Neverland. She thought she was helping me by trying to save me, but she wasn't. Everything would've been fine if she hadn't shown up. Everything would've been perfect. But now, I'm sitting here next to a sleeping Star, hating myself.

I never should have talked to Wendy today. I never should have let her get near me. Sol thinks that I broke my promise to her; I didn't. I never kissed Wendy.

My hands shook as I held her cold one. She was ghostly white and looked sickly. Then I saw Sol's eyes flutter. I shot upward and stared at her. Her eyes opened to reveal no light.

Once her eyes were happy and beaming, but now they were dull and dim. She didn't even look at me, she already knew I was there.

I squeezed her hand but she didn't give any indication of it. She just laid there, staring at the ceiling.

"Solstice," I whispered, "I am so sorry. Let me explain."

She slowly moved her head in my direction. Her words were quiet but meant to hurt. "I don't care."

A tear slipped from my eye, "Solstice. Let me explain, please."

She turned her head so she was looking up at the ceiling again but she didn't tell me to leave, so I continued to speak. "I promise you, It was all a huge misunderstanding. Wendy didn't kiss me. She almost did but that's when we heard you."

She blinked away her tears. "How can I believe you? You're promises are broken. I hate you."

Her words cut through my heart. She meant what she said. We both knew it. "Can I win you back? Is there any chance you can trust me again?" My eyes pleaded for her to say yes, but she didn't say anything. She just laid there, acting like she didn't hear me.

I nodded, "I understand." I let go of her hand and slowly walked out the door; my heart was heavy and empty.

The rest of the day went by in a blur, I couldn't even remember what I ate.

Wait, did I even eat? Probably not.

That night when I got inside my hut, I found Wendy waiting for me.
She sat on a chair, looking at the entrance. Once she saw me, she instantly stood up.

"Baelfire!" She cried happily, "Are you alright? You look awful." She began to walk closer to me but I held up my hands for her to halt.

"Wendy, please stop."

"Stop what?" She asked innocently,

"Stop getting in between Solstice and I." I said sternly, looking her in the eyes. "I need you to leave."

"But Bae,"

"No." I objected, and stepped away from the door, allowing Wendy to pass. "Go back to your hut. You don't belong here."

Wendy looked absolutely crushed. Normally I would not have been so cold toward her, but tonight I just wanted to be left alone. She scoffed and stomped out of the hut, closing the door behind her.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

   I was truly dead inside. How could I trust Baelfire anymore? I wanted to, but somehow I couldn't bring myself to it. I saw Wendy about to kiss him, but he didn't even try to pull away. If I hadn't been there....

I sobbed my heart out as Bae left my room. He had no idea how much this impacted me. I almost killed myself. The pain was too much to bare now that my heart was back in my chest.

   Baelfire wasn't even the one to rescue me, Pan was. Why did he save me anyway? I thought he was the bad guy, the one to stay away from. Was I wrong?

_________________
Poor Solstice!!
Poor Baelfire!!

So sad! *sigh* the life of a teenager.

Anyway, thank you sooo much for reading and voting!! I love yall!<3