Captured

Chapter 20

*Solstice*

Cale had a bow and a quiver loaded with arrows strapped around his back, his deadly dagger was in its sheath and his famous monstrous grin was plastered on his wicked looking face. He was holding a leathery cuff in his hand, clutching it as if his life depended on it.

I hastily stepped back, debating whether or not it was best to run.
He did have a bow and arrow.

"Ah," Cale made a face, "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"Then what should I do?" I shot back, my blood started to boil in my veins. I tried to cool myself down, reminding myself what happened last time.

Cale thought for a moment then spoke, his voice dark and shady, "maybe you should run. Give me an excuse to shoot you." Then Cale took off his bow and knocked an arrow, aiming for me.

My breath caught within my chest, my hands shook with anxiety. I didn't know what to do.

"And don't even think about trying to scream. If you do anything I don't like, I will kill you." Cale spat

"And what if I do what you say?" I countered, "you'll still kill me either way... Why shouldn't I scream? Or run?"

Cale smirked, "either way I still get the pleasure of killing you." He paused, finding delight in the fact he was making me nervous. "Now, get moving." He motioned to his left for me to start walking.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

We inched our way through the forest until we came to the shoreline. We stopped at a little boat which rested in the sand.
"Get in." Cale ordered. By some point Cale had switched his bow with his dagger. He held its tip against my back, pressing me to move forward.

"Where are you taking me?" I questioned, unsure if I would get a response.

I heard Cale chuckle, "you see that giant rock shaped like a skull? That's Skull Rock. We're going on a little adventure before your death. Sounds fun right?" He snickered, "now get in."

Without another word, we jumped into the boat and I started to paddle.
Cale watched me intensely which only made me shake with fear.

Once we reached Skull Rock, Cale ordered me to walk. So I did.
We were inside the rock when Cale told me to walk up the stone stairs in front of me. When we reached the top of the stairs, I found something unexpected.
   There was a giant hourglass filled with golden sand, but the sand was almost gone. I wondered what it was for. Then I felt the tip of Cale's dagger on my back again.

I sighed, "what now?"

I sensed Cale smirk, "Now it's time for the lesson." He paused, "you see that hourglass? It's timing Pan's death."

"What!?"

Cale laughed, his voice husky, "yeah. Pan is dying and he needs a heart."

"Why should I believe you?"

"Oh come on Solstice. I know you had suspicions. Pan needs your heart in order to live until someone special arrives at Neverland."

"Who?"

"You ask too many questions." Cale sneered, "But I do have a present for you." I sensed his hand on my wrist.

I felt no more fear, only anger bubbled within my chest. I felt dizzy. I felt my skin begin to get hot. My eyes started to glaze over.

It was happening again.

_______________
Thank you so much for reading!
If you liked the chapter don't forget to vote and comment! :)