Beaten

Chapter 55

*Third Person POV*

Solstice's thoughts went wild as she saw Shine standing before her.

"But how!? Pan killed her! I saw it with my own eyes!'" Sol scrambled to find an answer, but came up with none.

Shine gave Pan a death stare. She was not going to let a monster take Sol's heart. She was going to make him pay.

"Does not matter whether I can speak or not," Shine thought, "either way I'm going to take Peter Pan down. And I am not going to fail."

Shine extended her hand; she felt the tips of her fingers burn with magic. She then released her Blue Magic, allowing it to seek its victim.

Pan smirked as the blue flash headed toward him. He swept the magic away as if it was nothing. He had to concentrate a little harder on Shine though, she was stronger in magic than Solstice was.

"Damn! Sol's heart is still on the ground!" Pan swore at himself in his thoughts, angered by these events.

Solstice was still laying there, she couldn't fathom Shine was still alive. But she was, and she was here.

Remembering that her heart was no longer in her chest, Sol hastily searched for her heart. Her eyes then landed on a glowing object just a few feet away from her. She crawled toward it and snatched it up. A dull ache spread across her chest as she gently put in back in her body.

Shine burst out with magic, adrenaline pumping her enthusiasm to kill Pan. Blue and green clashed as they fought, each one desperately trying to gain the upper hand. But Shine's strength was weakening, slowly Pan started to advance, gaining ground. The Queen of the Stars was driven back by Pan's sudden force.

"His magic is too strong!!" Shine screamed in her head. "I can't win this!" She was driven back by the evil Pan; his eyes sparked green, a lust for power gnawing inside. With one last grunt of effort, and to Solstice's horror, Shine was sent air born as one last bolt of magic was thrown at her. She flew through the air, an agonizing crack was heard as Shine hit the ground with a thump.

   "SHINE!!!" Solstice sprinted toward her friend, tears gushing from her radiant eyes. "No, no, no!!! Stay awake! Please stay awake!!!" Her cries pierced through the cracking of thunder.

Pan was standing behind them, watching as the two said their goodbyes. But he didn't give them long, for he stalked over to them, ready to kill the star.

Sol grabbed Shine's hand, pleading with her not to die. Shine couldn't speak, she couldn't even say goodbye. She tried to breath out the words but what only came out were ragged breaths.

Just then Solstice was gripped by the hair from behind and yanked back. She hollowed out in pain as she was thrown on the ground. To her horror, she saw Peter Pan towering over her Queen. He thrusted his hand within her chest, only to take out her shimmery heart.

Its dull light was beginning to fade, but still held great power. With one quick movement, Pan shoved Shine's heart into his own chest.

A shriek escaped Sol's throat as a shockwave burst out, knocking Sol back down to the ground. Darkness was sweeping over her vision, but before she went out-cold, she saw Shine. Her body was broke and beaten, her eyes were still open but yet held no more light.

She was now truly dead.