Vines and Regret

Chapter 33

*Shine*

I cried and cried. But weeping wouldn't bring back the dead.

My brother, or half brother, was killed by some stupid plant and its poison.

   At some point I got up, snatched the Dreamshade plant, and headed out to find Pan.
    I couldn't do anything for Dylan. Nothing. I couldn't even perverse his body with magic until Sol and I got home. He couldn't even have a proper burial.

  Once I was in the forest again, away form Deadmans Peak, I was ready to face Pan. I needed answers, and I needed them now.

I stopped at a large oak tree in the middle of the forest and called out for Pan.

"Peter Pan!!" I yelled.

No answer.

"Peter Pan!!"

Still nothing.

I opened my mouth to let out another shout when-

"No need." A British voice said, "What do you want?"

  I swirled around to face him. "Here's your Hades of a plant!" I held up the Dreamshade.

Pan lifted his eyebrow, "Where's your big mouth brother? Or should I say, half brother."

"You already know the answer!" I shot back, "you never told us this was poisonous! And now Dylan is dead and I have you to thank for that!" I shouted at him.

"Actually I told you not to touch the thorns. I guess you didn't heed my warnings."

I didn't say anything.

Pan smirked, "Out of words are we? Well, no matter. I don't need you for the moment. Why don't you stay and be a good girl."

    Just then the tree in back of me came to life. Its vines shot out and grabbed me, pulling me back to its trunk.
     "Hey!" I screeched, "what is this!?" I tried to break free, but the vines tightened its grip with every move I made.

"Having trouble moving? Not surprised. You see, this tree feeds off of your regret. And you're overflowing with it." Pan leered, "oh but I will keep my promise. You will be able to see Solstice, from afar that is."

   I struggled against the vines but they instantly tightened, making me gasp for breath.

Pan smirked. "You see this?" He held up a sand dollar. "This will show you your princess."

   He tossed it on the ground and it lit up with an image of Solstice, laying in bed. She looked sickly and weak.

"What's wrong with her!?" I demanded,

"Oh did I forget to mention? Solstice has the Star Fever."

My eyes grew wide with terror. "S-She what!? How!? When!?"

"You ask too many questions."

"No please!" I begged, "tell me."

  Pan sighed, "I might not have felt like it, but how could I resist a please?" He then looked at Solstice on the hologram. "Solstice got the Star Fever by a Lost Boy named Cale. He wished for a vial which held the virus and used it against her."

The vial. Ten hells! Cale wished for the Star Fever. That's where the vial went!
I have to find him. "Where is he!?"

"Cale? Oh he's dead." Pan said.

"How."

"I killed him." He said flatly, "You see he broke my rules, and in doing so, he had to pay."

"W-When did she get infected?" I asked, unsure if I wanted the answer.

"Two moons ago." Pan informed,

I could've been here two moons ago. I could've stopped this.

Then the tree tightened again.

I let out a yelp,

"More regret I see." Pan observed,

I ignored his remark, "what stage is she in!?"

"I don't think I want to tell you. Just another thing for you... contemplate."

"Please!" I pleaded,

   He didn't say another word, for he snatched up the sand dollar, and vanished into thin air. Obviously he used magic.
I was still stuck, still roped against this tree. I tried to call out, but no sound came from my mouth.

What!?

I tried to scream.

Still no sound.

Then it hit me. Pan took away my voice so I wouldn't scream.

   My heart darkened just then. Pan has taken the people I care about. First Dylan and now Solstice. With or without my voice, he's going to pay.

____________
Hahahaha he took her voice!!! *cough* *cough*

Very sneaky!

But I did a double update as promised!! I can't wait for you guys to read the rest of it!

So what do yall think will happen to Solstice and Shine?

Don't be shy, comment!

P.S

Remember to click that little star before you turn the page ;)