He Disappeared

Chapter 18

*Solstice*

It's been a day since my talk with Cale. Sooner or later he would get out of that cage and kill me, maybe not with magic but surely with something else.

Today's heat was unbearable, Sun could scorch anything in its path. The normal breeze had died, and the trees were silent. And I sat by the pond, brooding.

Cale was twisted. He was just toying with me. He never wanted my heart. Cale wanted to "play" with me as he called it. It was just a game. A sick game.

I still couldn't understand why Cale hated me. He said he needed someone to hate. Why?

"SOLSTICE!!" A voice called for me, peeling me away from my thoughts.

I snapped my head around, seeing that Archer was sprinting toward me.

"Archer what's wrong?" Caution filled my voice.

"I-It's Cale." He stuttered

"What about Cale?"

"He's gone."

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

"What!? What do you mean he's gone!?" I shouted

"He just disappeared! When Felix went to bring him food this morning, Cale wasn't in his cage." Archer's words held worry. "There's a chance that he might come after you."

"I can handle Cale." I told Archer, I started to walk away but Archer grabbed my arm before I could flee.

"I don't want you to go anywhere by yourself." Archer's eyes showed a hint of sadness.

"Archer," I looked him in the eyes, "I'll be fine. I can take care of myself."
I tried to walk away again but he didn't let go of me, "let me go."

"Where are you going?" He asked

"I'm going to go talk to Pan."

"Why?"

"I need answers." I answered.

Archer's blue eyes glinted with something foreign. Fear.
He actually seemed to be afraid.
   "Solstice, I'm coming with you. At least until you find Pan. I'm not leaving you alone."
Before I could protest, Archer dragged me along, scouting for Pan.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Peter Pan*

I can't believe I was foolish enough to let this happen...

Cale is smart, I'll give him that but no one interferes with my game.

I was pacing back and forth in my hut when I heard someone pounding on my door. When I went to open it I found Solstice and Archer waiting for me.

"What do you want?" I sighed

"Solstice needed to talk with you." Archer spoke

I raised my eyebrow, "and what? You're her body guard? How adorable."

They both glared at me, but I shrugged it off.

"Thanks Archer." I heard Solstice whisper, "I can take it from here."
Archer scowled but nodded his head and walked away, pounding his feet on the ground.

Solstice looked at me, "I need to talk to you about Cale."

I smirked but let her in the hut.
Once she walked in I shut the door behind us and locked it.
"What's your question?" I tried to sound bored.

Solstice huffed, "first of all; how did Cale get out?"

I chuckled, "he sawed his way out."

Solstice made a face, "he sawed his way out? How?"

I smirked, "well this is Neverland." I motioned around the hut, "You can do anything you what here...including escaping a metal cage."

"That still doesn't answer my question."

I sighed, "he used some sort of file to get out."

"Like a nail file? How'd he get that?" She asked

"He wished for it." I answered.

"What?"

I laughed, "don't you know? Whatever things you desire on Neverland, you will receive. All you have to do is believe."

Sol's face went white again, "Peter..." She paused. Solstice only called me Peter if she was serious about something. "Now that Cale is out, he will come for me and kill me. This time I probably won't have magic to back me up." She said, her mixed expression was astonishingly beautiful.

"He won't kill you." I said, annoyance stung my voice.
But I will. I said in my head.

Solstice looked up at me, "Cale is not going to stop unless I'm dead."

"Then don't die."

Solstice glared at me but didn't say anything.

"Solstice don't worry," I rested my hands on her shoulders, "I won't let Cale kill you. He's been taking the game in his own hands and I will not allow it any longer."

Without a word Solstice wrapped her arm around me and hugged me.

At first I didn't know what to do, no one had hugged me since the day my son left.

I slowly draped my arms over her, unfamiliar with the feeling which was welding up inside me.

Then I heard Sol's muffled cries, she hugged me tighter.

Is this what women always do? Is cry?
It seems to be the only thing Solstice ever does.

_______________
Thank you to all my awesome readers!! I hope you're enjoying the book!
If you want, comment and tell me what you think of the chapter. I'd love to answer any questions you might have! :)