Cheaters Never Win

Chapter 51

*Solstice*

Two day has gone by since Bae and I had made up. Wendy would still try and talk to him, but Baelfire wouldn't give her the time of day anymore.

She must hate me now. Not that I care much. She's the one who started all of this. Ever since she's gotten here she's only made things worse for us. Baelfire insisted on taking Wendy along with us. I couldn't disagree, no one deserved to be here. Well, except Dustin.

I sighed as I though of Dustin. He got out of the cage today. I've been doing my best to avoid him, but it's proving to be difficult.

We had already got everything we needed for the journey. Somehow Baelfire managed to capture Pan's Shadow with the candle, I got the cuff and the water, and Archer has the squid ink for Dustin. We planned to leave tonight.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Peter Pan*

'They're really not all that smart.' I thought to myself as I was in my hut. I was talking with myself about Solstice and the others. They believe they were going to get off of Neverland—well, no one leaves. Not without me getting what I want.

I've known what they have been planning. I knew they captured my Shadow, that they have squid ink, everything. And now they are going to pay for breaking my rules.

I already warned Felix and Dustin about the Star's plan. She was going to have a real surprise waiting for her.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

Tonight was a perfect night to sneak away. Well, it would've been if there wasn't a storm. The rain beat down on the ground, the wind wailed, and the thunder cracked all around. I never thought it rained in Neverland, I guess I was wrong.

I was in my hut with Baelfire, waiting for Archer's signal that Dustin and Felix were no longer a problem. Both of us were getting antsy about the whole thing. Something could go wrong.

We originally thought of using Shine's ship to get off of Neverland, but it mysteriously disappeared. No doubt Pan was behind it. Shine and Wendy weren't much help in our plan; Shine can barley use her magic and Wendy is just useless without anything to contribute. Baelfire and I were going to take care of Pan together.

The reason why I wanted to use the cuff on Pan instead of the squid ink was then he could never use magic again. I didn't want him to ever hurt anyone again with his magic. Only the person who puts the cuff on his wrist can remove it.

I gazed out the window, searching for Archer's signal. It was tough to see in the pouring rain, cut me a little slack. But, to my surprise, I saw it. The dim light of a torch not too far off. The time of running was now.

Baelfire and I burst out of the door, running along the rain-drenched ground. The small, cold raindrops fell harder, feeling like needles in my skin. The thunder boomed, the lighting flashed, and the wind sang a creepy song.

We knew Pan was going to be at Skull Rock because that's where he normally is at night. Either that or his Thinking Tree.

Once we got to the shoreline, we climbed into the little boat and paddled to Skull Rock. Neither of us said a word, too focused on our own thoughts.
Finally, with great energy, we made it to the cave. Once we got inside, and up the stairs, no one was there.

"Where's Pan?" Baelfire asked, obviously confused.

I shook me head, looking around the room. The hourglass with gold sand was up in the corner. Pan's life only had hours left. But as I glanced around, I saw something shiny on the ground in the middle of the room. I cautiously walked toward to find that it was a letter. My heart quickened at the sight of it. I picked it up, unfolded it and read it.

I immediately dropped the letter and ran out of Skull Rock, shouting for Baelfire to follow.

'No, no, no, no! How could have found out about our plan!?'

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Baelfire*

I looked carefully around the room. A sword, which I snatched at the training ground, held firmly in my hands.

I then heard Solstice gasp. I swirled around to find that she was already running out of the cave, shouting at me to follow. I ran over to where she dropped a piece of parchment. My blood went cold as I read;

"Cheaters never win."