The Visit

~Author's note~

Sorry I haven't updated in a while!

But here's the next chapter:) I hope you like it! Please comment and tell me what you think of it! :)

______________

Chapter 15

*Solstice*

It has been three days since my outburst, two days since I figured out that I'm prone to receive Star Fever, and two days since Bae wrapped me up in his arms. My mind kept spinning, my thoughts were in a jumble. Nothing made sense anymore. Nothing except Baelfire.

He has always let me know that he cared, that he was near, that I could tell him anything and he would protect me.
And then Pan is confusing; he is a puzzle that I am determined to solve. One day Pan seems like he cares, then the next day he ignores me and allows me to be strangled.

But I couldn't help feeling something for both boys. Baelfire was sweet and my friend. Pan was mysterious, mischievous, but also kind when he wanted to be. Both boys had a spark of fire in their eyes, like they've seen a lot in their life. But I barely knew anything about them. How can I have feeling for someone I barely know?
But then I thought about the other Lost Boys. Archer, Dustin, Cale and Felix.

Archer was my friend but that's all he was, a friend. Dustin was just rude and didn't deserve the time of day. Plus he was friends with Cale. Felix never said much and frankly he scared me. I've always wondered how he had gotten that scar on his face but I was too intimidated to ask.

Then there was Cale.

Cale, the sly snake who stalked its pray and pounced when least expected.
I couldn't help but think that there was more to Cale than I thought. A little voice in the back of my mind told me he was hiding something. Something not even Pan was aware of.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

That day I was in the food court with Archer. We were sitting down at a table when he asked me something unexpected.

"Solstice?"

"Hm?" I looked at him while I shoved a bite of food into my mouth.

"What happened to you?"

"Excuse me?" I said with my mouth full of mashed potatoes.

"I mean, what happened to you when Cale attacked you a couple days ago."

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "I don't know." I swallowed my food then gazed out into the distance, recalling my fear, my anxiety and my weakness. "I couldn't control myself. I just lashed out...I didn't mean to hurt Cale that much."

Archer laughed, "well personally, it was satisfying to see Cale get his butt kicked by a girl."

I gave a small laugh.

Then Archer's expression turned serious; "Solstice do you remember when we first met in the armory, when I suggested you could use your magic to defeat Pan?"

I bobbed my head in response, "of course."

"Well, you said you couldn't because you couldn't use magic but now you can... What if you could use your magic against Pan?"