Planning

Chapter 43

*Peter Pan*

The time was coming. In a sort time, Solstice will die. No more hiding behind my feelings, Solstice found someone else. She found 'true love'. There's no such thing. It was time to take her out of my game, permanently.
My plan would be set into motion soon, a few days at most.

I noticed that Solstice and Baelfire have been missing for the entire day. I had a pretty good guess on what they were up to; they shouldn't take me for a fool. I know they 'love' each other.

Am I really jealous? No. I cannot be. My happy ending isn't some Star, it's youth and power. She was stupid enough to believe in me, she trusted me almost. Not anymore though. I figured out she already knew of my plans. Baelfire probably told her.

I shrugged, it didn't matter. Soon I will have a Star's heart. I won't let her escape, I've made sure of that. My shadow has made sure of that.

No one leaves.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

That night Baelfire and I decided to keep Shine at the cave. It was the best way to keep her safe. But we had to go back to camp so we wouldn't be suspected of anything. At least, hopefully.

Once we gave Shine water, food, and blankets, we headed back to our own huts. Except, I didn't want to leave Bae.

He instructed me to act like nothing happened. We didn't want to draw any suspicion. He told me to meet back at the cave tomorrow so we could talk about how to take down Pan and how to escape. I wasn't even sure if I could leave.

I sighed as I went into my hut. It felt like ages since I've been in there. I plopped onto my bed, but I didn't fall asleep. I was scared again.

After what felt like hours, I got up, sneaked out of my hut, and bound for Baelfire's hut. I opened his door to find him asleep. I slowly walked across the cold hardwood floor and laid next to him.

He stirred. A few moments later he opened his eyes. At first he was a little shocked finding someone laying besides him, but his expression softened as his eyes adjusted. "What are you doing here?" His voice was husky from sleep which made my heart flutter.

"I couldn't sleep." I replied, "do you mind if I stay here?"

Baelfire smiled at me, "not at all."

"Great, now move over."

    He chuckled and inched over, allowing me some space. Once I rolled over, so my back was facing him, he snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. His hot breath tickled the back of my neck. I laced our hands together, and finally, fell asleep.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

That next morning I woke up before Sun, except I found that Bae wasn't here. I slowly propped myself up on my elbows, looking around for him. I sighed and got up from the bed, wondering where he could be.

"Maybe he left you." Cale's voice rang in my ears.

I groaned, "go away." I said out loud.

"You're going to be so heartbroken."

"I said go away. I don't need you."

"Solstice?" I heard Bae's voice behind me, "who are you talking to?"