Visitors

Chapter 29

*Shine*

We cautiously walked off the ship, nothing looked unsafe but this was Neverland. The land where anything was possible. Dylan was in front of me, taking over the bodyguard role.

We stepped onto the sand and I immediately felt unsure.
Dylan turned to me, "well, where do we start?"

"I don't know." I responded.

"Really?" Dylan mocked, "cause I thought you would've had a plan. Or even something to find Solstice with?"

I rolled my eyes, another thing a Queen should never do. "I didn't really think about that."

Dylan sighed, "then what did you think about?"

"Well I thought if we just got to Neverland, Solstice would come find us and we'd all go back home."

Dylan raised his eyebrow, "are you stupid or something?"

"I-"

"That's no way to talk to your queen." An accented voice appeared.

Dylan instantly drew his sword. "Show yourself!" He demanded.

To our right, the bushes began to rustle. A teenage boy stepped out of the brush. I already decided I didn't like him. He had this smugness to him.

"Are you two looking for something?" The boy asked.

"Yes. In a matter of fact we are." Dylan spoke. "We are looking for our friend."

I didn't know what to do. This boy was either a lost boy or Peter Pan himself. I wasn't sure it was wise to tell this boy whom we were searching for.

The boy glanced at me, seeming bored. "Well I might be able to help you, if I feel like it."

Dylan was getting irritated now, "look just tell us where to find our friend. Her name is Solstice."

"You're Stars aren't you." The boy cocked his head, avoiding the question.

Uneasiness bubbled inside me. This could get dangerous fast. He could signal Pan. Dylan gripped his sword harder, his knuckles began to turn white.

"I'll take that a yes." The boy sneered. "But not just any star..." He looked right at me, "no, a Blue Star is here."

I gulped, this was a bad idea.

Dylan's eyes sharpened, he walked in front of me as if to hide me away from this boy. "Who are you!?" Dylan demanded. "Are you a Lost Boy? Or their king?"

The boy scoffed lightly, "We don't have any kings in Neverland... Just me." He jerked his head slightly, indicating he was talking about himself.

The blood drained from my face. This, who was standing in front of us, was Peter Pan. Dylan must've known that too because he instantly stiffened.

"You scared, laddie?" Peter Pan cocked his head again, smugness written across his face.

"What have you done to Solstice!?" I demanded, "Where is she!?"

Pan turned to me, "How about we make it a game?"

Dylan lost his temper, for he pointed the sword right for Pan's neck.
   "Answer her Majesty's question." Dylan said firmly, "or I swear I'll slit your throat."

Pan held up his hands in surrender, he had a small smirk on his face. "You won't kill me. No, not if I'm the only one who knows where your precious princess is."

"Tell us where she is then." I cut in.

Pan glanced at me, "There's only one way you can find Solstice, and that's by playing my game."

Dylan and I both sighed in unison. "Fine." I said, "Dylan remove your sword."
   He tried to argue but one glare from me was enough to make him listen. Dylan inched away from Pan but he never let go of his weapon.

"what's your game?"

"You have to get something for me." Pan answered. "You have to bring me back Dreamshade." He held up a piece of parchment, which came out of nowhere, with a picture of a plant scribbled on it.

Dylan snatched it out of Pan's grasp, looking the parchment over.

"So, if we bring back this Dreamshade plant, then you'll let us see Solstice?" I asked, uncertain of his motives.

Pan sighed, "I give you my word."

"What good is a murder's word of honor." Dylan spat.

Pan cocked his head and raised his eyebrow, "I might not be the most well behaved boy on the island, but I always keep my promises."

________________
What does Pan want with the Dreamshade?

Please vote and comment! It would be so encouraging if you did so :)

Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it!