Heartbreak

Chapter 46

*Solstice*

'Wendy? Who on hades was Wendy?'

"I'm here if you need me star." Cale's voice somehow got in my thoughts. "Told you. You need me."

I shook my head, riding his voice from my thoughts. I turned to Baelfire, "you know her?"

"Who are you?" The girl named Wendy innocently asked, but jealousy was plastered on her features. If her face wasn't twisted with rage, she would've been very pretty. Her sandy blonde hair was perfect, her small body and perfect curves would make a guy drool. She had light freckles across her face which only enhanced her natural beauty.

"My name is Solstice." I stood a little straighter and inched a little closer to Baelfire. I turned to him and lowered my voice, "when were you planning to tell me?"

All I got was an apologetic look.

"Baelfire it's so good to see you again!" Wendy rushed over and hugged him, not caring that I was there.

Baelfire hugged her back. "It's nice to see you too." He let her go, "What are you doing back here?"

Wendy looked sheepish, "Well, I-I came to rescue you."

I raised my eyebrow. 'Just what was their relationship?' Intense jealously rose within my chest. I tried my best to put on a smile, but I probably failed miserably.

Just then Pan spoke to Wendy and Baelfire, "you two are so adorable." He said sarcastically, "Come on Wendy, we should go before Sol here, well," He trailed off with his words. Wendy kissed Baelfire on the cheek, then turned to give me a glare and walked off with Pan.

I just stood there, stunned at just what went on before my eyes. 'Wendy, and Baelfire....'

Bae tried to reach for my hand, "Solstice I—"

"No!" I back away from him; I stomped off into the other direction, not wanting to hear his excuses. Yet I heard him following me.

I swung open the door to my hut, but before I could slam it shut, Baelfire zipped in.

"I don't want to hear it." I said angrily.

"You won't even give me a chance to explain the situation!"

"Oh, well okay then. Why didn't you tell me about her!? Was I just part of some plan to get off Neverland so you could break my heart and abandon me for her!?" I practically shouted. I felt my skin tingle. I glanced down and saw my skin turning a faint blue.

"No." Bae said firmly, "It was never like that!" He put his hands on my shoulders, looking me in the eye as he spoke. "I'll admit at one point I liked Wendy. But that was a long time ago. To Wendy it has just been a couple of weeks, but for me it's been years."

Tears trickled down my cheeks. "Why didn't you tell me about her before?"

Bae sighed, "because frankly I don't want to talk about Wendy."