Cale and Shine

Chapter 34

*Peter Pan*

    I walked away from the queen of the stars. She talked too much. If I wouldn't have taken her voice, she never would have shut up.

As I walked deeper into the forest, I sensed someone near. I turned around to find that my shadow was lurking.

"What do you want?" I spat,

"Take her heart." The shadow ordered,

"It isn't the right time yet."

"You need it soon. The sand only is days away before it's gone, and your." Its raspy words hung in the air.

"She is infected with Star Fever!" I hissed, "if I take her heart now, the virus might transfer to me."

"Then cure her. Take the water from the spring, then she will be fine."

"She needs it soon too. She'll be in the third stage soon. Go get me that water." I instructed,

The shadow nodded and flew off into the now dark sky. The cries started up again. Every night they come, and don't stop until daylight.

As I got to camp, I saw Baelfire dashing toward me.

"Pan!" He shouted, "Solstice, she's going to go crazy if we don't do something."

But just then, we then heard a shrill shriek coming from my hut.

"She already has." I stated,

   We both jogged over to my hut and swung the door open to find Solstice trashing and screaming, and Archer trying to keep her calm.

"What's wrong!?" Baelfire asked Archer, obviously agitated.

"I-I don't know." He responded, "I came in here to see Solstice and she was fine for a few minutes until she began to scream." Archer tried to hold Solstice down, but she kicked him in the stomach. Archer coughed from the blow but soon recovered and held her down again.

"Enough of this." I walked over to Sol and hovered my glowing green hand over her. She instantly calmed and fell asleep.

"What did you do?" Baelfire asked,

"It's a calming spell. She'll be asleep for a while before she wakes up again." I sighed, "she'll enter the third stage soon."

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

Darkness.

It seemed to me I was always surrounded by darkness.
   I knew I was crazy. I knew that those people I saw were just my imagination. Shine or Cale weren't really there. But yet it felt so real.

     But as of now, I'm surrounded by unending darkness and no way out.
I couldn't recall what had happened;
The only thing I remember was Archer bursting through the door. We talked for a few minutes but then nothing. I don't remember what happened next. Did I pass out? Or... Did I go crazy?

    If I did go crazy, I hope I didn't hurt anyone. I've seen Stars in the third stage of this sickness before. They can turn brutality violent.

"Still trying to hold on to reality?" A familiar voice said; I turned around to find Cale standing there.

I groaned, "Go away you maniac."

"Aw that's not nice." Cale made his face into a frown; It looked scary. His blood stained hair, the gash on his forehead, and his deadly wound on his neck made him look demonic. "Face it, you're starting to go mad."

"I said go away!!" I shouted,

If anyone else was standing here with me, they'd believe I was talking to myself or an imaginary friend. Well, to me, Cale is real but he is no friend.

"You're not real." I stated to him,

"We are not real, but we still make your nightmares true." A different voice came out of the shadows. A voice once soft and sweet, now horrific.
    Just then Shine stepped beside Cale.

"Oh you two are buddies now?" I mocked, putting as much sarcasm in my words as I could muster.

"Just in your head." Cale said,

"Leave me alone!" I shouted,

They both smirked in unison, "no I don't think so, at least not until you wake up." Cale chuckled,

Please let me wake up. I thought,

"But until then," Shine spoke up, "we're going to do our best to break your mind."

   Shine's words scared me, a lot. I knew this wasn't really them, but my mind didn't know that. The virus is attacking me from the inside.

    Shine started to hum something creepy, and very unlike her, while Cale taunted me.

"Darkness." He whispered, "Run and hide, but the darkness always finds." A smile spread across his bashed-in face. "Shadows fallow, even through tomorrow."

"Stop it." I whispered angrily,

"Are you afraid of the darkness?" Cale snickered, "Is the star afraid?"

A hot tear escaped my eye. I was doing my best to keep myself under control. "You're a psychopath!" I yelled at Cale,

"I'd like to think of it as, creative." He smirked, obviously amused.

"Ashes, ashes, we all fall down." Shine sang creepily in a high pitched voice.

"Be quiet." I demanded; they didn't listen, for their taunts and wails grew louder.

"A fallen star in the shadows. Thinks she can save the day. But what she doesn't know is, the darkness will soon follow." Imaginary Cale whispered in my ear.

  I shot back away from Cale, stumbling as i did so. "Get away!" I held up my hands defensively.

"No magic here star." Cale hissed, "Remember, this is all in your head."

"No, no, no, no. Get out of my head!!" I collapsed to the black ground, burying my head in my hands.

"What's the matter star? Can't deal with the darkness?"

   I shook my head, trying desperately to get them out of my mind.
    Thankfully, in a second flat, their whispers started to fade. The darkness around me lifted. And I felt myself waking up. But then I heard something far off, Shine was singing again.

"Run and hide. But the darkness always finds you."

_______________

Hahahahaha Cale is back and ready to drive Solstice totally insane!! Muhahahahaha...haha. Okay I'm done now,

Please, don't forget to click the little star button (;