The Price of Magic

Chapter 37

*Solstice*

"Kill him." Cale's voice echoed in my head. "He's going to do you harm."

Pan inched backward, now very cautious of me.

I smirked and cocked my head, "what's the matter Pan? Afraid of the dark?"

"Well I should ask you the same question." Pan sneered. "I mean, you are a lost Star."

Anger boiled in my veins. "Kill him!!" Cale's voice taunted. "You can do it."

    I wanted to. Ten hells I wanted to. I wanted to rip his heart out. To crush it until sand only remained. I want to-
'No, no, no, no, no! This isn't me!!' My thoughts screamed. 'Fight back! This is only the virus talking! REMEMBER!! Cale is the one to blame, not Peter! '

"Kill Peter Pan." Cale said again.

"No." I said out load, but faintly. I shook my head, as if thinking that would rid my thoughts of my Cale.

"Ashes, ashes," Shine's soft voice sliced through my brain. "Ashes, ashes." She continued to sing.

"Get out of my head!" I yelled, I scratched at my head, trying to free my demons.

"Solstice!?" I heard Peter's voice far off, but I knew he was standing beside me.

"Get away!!" I shrieked at all three of them. "Get away!" 

"Your life is nothing!" Cale screamed. His voice was high pitched and pricing. "Pan only wanted you because you're a Blue Star."

"No!!" I shouted. A tear slipped from my haunting eyes. "You're mad!!"

"We're all mad here." I heard Shine say, "including you." She paused, then continued to sing her torturous lyrics.

"Can you feel it star." Cale taunted. "Can you feel the darkness bubbling within? The regret, the anger, the hate..."

"Get. Out. Of. My. Head!!!!" I screeched like a banshee.

I must have been hysterical. I heard Peter approach me once again. I heard his deceiving accented voice, "I'm sorry." He opened his palm to revile a pink-like dust. He blew away the dust in my direction. The glittery dust danced around in the air and then whirled around me. As soon as I breathed it in, I felt dizzy and tired. I just wanted to sleep. My eyes became heavy, and I drifted off into the darkness once more.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Peter Pan*

Her eyes shut, drossy from the poppies. Solstice was crumbling to the ground but I caught her in time. I had to put her to sleep in order for me to cure her.

'Is that what I'm doing? Saving her, only for her to die anyway?'

I sighed. I held the Star in my arms and walked back to my hut. It was still dark outside. It was actually cold. It was never cold here.

I didn't give it another thought; I kept walking in the same direction.

Once I got to my hut and laid Solstice down on the bed. I went outside to think, but I didn't even get the time for that since my Shadow came out of the darkness with a metal canteen in hand.

"As ordered." It said, handing me the canteen.

"Well I see you didn't have any trouble. This will cure Solstice?" I asked.