Silent Stalker

Chapter 19

*Cale*

It has been two days since I escaped my cage. Pan sent out a search party of Lost Boys to scout me out but they never located me. Once they came close, but I escaped without alarm.

I wasn't really surprised that they haven't found me yet, they were stupid. And I, am a genius. People may not want to admit it but deep down I know they believe it.

The hard part about being hunted was, it is difficult getting close to Solstice. Since my escape, Pan has been by her side every second. I guess he doesn't want his precious star to be killed. Not by me anyway.

Pan doesn't give me enough credit. I know about his plan, I know what he's going to do. I know his secret.

Pan is dying and he needs Sol's heart in order to save himself. And people call me selfish.

I shrugged off the thought, of course people thought I was selfish. That was just part of my charm. When my hair isn't stained with blood, it's a white blonde, and my grey eyes are sharp and deadly. It might sound vein, but I'm pretty good looking. Too bad Solstice doesn't see that. Such a shame.

Too bad that these good looks are only a mask. Only something I hide behind. I hide behind sarcasm as well. I act like my life is together, like I know what I'm doing is right. Like I know my path. But I don't.

Inside, fury bubbles. My chest hurts from anxiety, from pain, from loss.
The loss of my family. I try to tuck it away, like a little kid attempting to hide something from his parents. But it's no use. It will shadow me for the rest of my life.

Solstice must pay for everything her people have put me through.

The sun rose in the sky, taking it's rightful place as ruler of the day. The morning dew wetted the needle-like grass, the usual soft breeze died away, and the star was sitting next to Baelfire in the food court, laughing and giggling about something.

I rolled my eyes at the sight of them, I'd really like to kill them both right now. They're getting on my nerves.

I then reached for the vial, which contained the Star Fever, in my pocket and popped the lid open. I removed my tiny dagger from its sheave and carefully dipped the point into the clear liquid, coating it with the venomous virus.  I knew exactly how I was going to infect the star with the virus.

I concealed myself inside the brush, waiting for the right moment to attack.
I imagined myself being a viper, quiet and stealthy, seeking out its pray.

Even though time stood still in Neverland, the waiting game was severely agonizing. The minutes ticked by, and I started growing impatient.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

I burst out laughing, something that sounded more like a snort.
Baelfire laughed at my response. "And then, Dustin cried and cried, and literally sprinted back to his hut. We were betting he wetted his pants about then."

I giggled, "well I know how he felt, I remember being scared to death once I heard those creepy cries at night."

"Yeah but you're a girl, and you didn't freak out. Dustin on the other hand..." Bae couldn't control his laughter.

We laughed, chuckled, and giggled with each other for hours. Finally we left the food court and took a walk.

We walked in silence, each of us deep in our own thoughts. For some reason I could sense an uncomfortable presence. It almost felt like someone was watching us. But I soon shrugged off the thought and returned to reality.