Blood Thirsty

Chapter 23

*Solstice*

"His name was Dylan." Cale's voice held menace.

'Did he just say Dylan? No... It couldn't be the same Dylan, could it?'

"Enough stalling. It's time for you to drink." Cale sneered and held up a little vial with some clear liquid inside.

"What is that!?" I demanded while my heart raced a million miles a second.

Cale chuckled, "it's the Star Fever virus of course."

"What!?!" I gasped. Surprise, shock, and fear all crashed into me.

"What? If I'm going to kill you, I might as well kill you with style."

"How did you even get your grubby hands on that!?" I squawked.

Cale had a smug grin plastered on his face, "The same way I got out of that cage. I wished for it... You see in Neverland, anyone can wish for anything, if they believe."

"Believe in what?"

"In magic of course." Cale chuckled to himself, "honestly I wasn't sure if the Star Fever even existed anymore, but here we are." He motioned around us with his hands.

"You really think I'm going to drink that?" I asked, "if you did then your more stupid than I thought."

"Ah but you will drink it, you know why?" He leered, "DUSTIN!!" He called out in the shadows.

A moment later Dustin appeared with someone walking in front of him.

"Baelfire!?!" I screeched. I saw that Dustin had Baelfire gagged and bound.
He also had him and knife point.

"What are you doing!?" I demanded, hatred shown in my voice.

"You see, if you don't drink the virus, then Bae will die." Cale stepped away from me and crept closer to Baelfire with his dagger at the ready.

Dustin stood there with a blank expression, like he couldn't care less about what was happening.

Cale grabbed Baelfire's exposed wrist and rested his knife there, ready to slice Bae's flesh. Baelfire tried to struggle but failed. Even though he was gagged, his eyes never shut up. They cursed Cale and Dustin and they burned hole into their demon possessed faces. But his brown eyes pleaded with my blue ones. Begging me not to drink the contents of the vial. But I had to. I could tell Cale wasn't bluffing. He would murder Bae if I didn't infect myself with death itself.

"Okay!" I shouted, "you win."

Cale smirked and handed me the bottle. "Go ahead."

The bottle was cold against my skin; and soon I would be cold with death. I glanced at Cale then at Bae then at the bottle. I shot Cale a grin, and faster than light, threw the vial to the ground.
The glass instantly shattered on impact, and glass skidded across the rocky ground.

I saw Bae's eye go wide with disbelieve.

Cale stared at the broken vial, then his dark gaze landed on me. "Bad move on your part, star." With a flick of his wrist, he signaling Dustin.

I suddenly heard the sound of a blade against flesh. I heard a grunt and then a body collapsing to the ground. I shot my head in Dustin's direction.

"BAELFIRE!!!" I screamed. Panic washed over me as I raced over to his side, but before I could check his wound Cale grabbed my hair and tugged me back.

"Let go of me!!!" I demanded, I thrashed around hoping to escape Cale's iron grip. 'No, no, no, BAELFIRE!!! This is all my fault!!'

"You didn't win." Cale whispered in my ear; his hot breath grazing my skin. "I still have some of the virus.... See this dagger?" Cale motioned to his knife, "it is coated with the sickness, and with one cut it will corse through your blood and torture you until death finds you."

"Baelfire!" I shouted, "No, no, no, Bae!!" Sobs escaped my throat, tears flooded my vision as I saw him laying on the ground. Blood poured out about him. I haven't cried this hard since my parents. I realize now how much I truly cared for Baelfire. In that moment, I realized I loved him. I wanted to scream at myself for doing this to him. It was all my fault. Baelfire was dying because of me.

"He will be dead soon Sol." He shoved me away so I could face him.

"Don't call me that!!!" I glared at him, hatred filled my heart. "I hate you!!"

"And I hate you. So I guess that makes us even." Cale sneered. "Anyway, I guess it's time." He advanced in my direction, gripping his weapon with force.

'Fight.' A little voice inside my head coaxed. 'Fight for your life.'

I snapped my attention back to Cale. I swirled away before he reached me, managing to grab an arrow from his quiver.

"Ha!" Cale spat, "good luck that will do you." He then raced forward in surprising amount of speed. He barreled through me, sending me down to the ground. I felt like I was hit by a bag of bricks. I laid there dazed but I soon shook it away. I only had a second to react; I jumped up before Cale's knife sought my skin. I attempted to remove the cuff Cale had placed on my wrist but it was stuck tight.

I lost focus; I felt a sharp pain behind my kneecaps. I realized it was Dustin who kicked me with his metal end boots.

I crumpled to the floor. Dustin kept kicking me in the stomach. I gasped for air but all that happened was being kick again. It finally stopped. I coughed up dark sticky blood which now stained the rocky ground. I desperately sought for a breath but it never came.

I then saw Cale's towering figure above me. Disgust painted on his face.

I crept along the floor like a bug, waiting to be squashed. I heard both boys advance but a sudden whizz rang through the air which was followed by a shrill scream. I whipped around, seeing Dustin on the ground with his leg deformed. I looked over to see Pan standing in the threshold with a glowing green hand extended.

"Pan!" I cried, but it soon fallowed a dozen grinding coughs.

Pan shook his head, like a parent disapproving their child's actions; "You broke the rules. That's not fair. I've had enough excitement for a few days." he sighed, "Cale why must you always break my rules?" He questioned, not really expecting an answer. Pan looked around the cave, examining me and Baelfire although he seemed like he couldn't care less.

He then turned to Cale again. "Are you prepared to receive your punishment? Because I promise you it's going to be fun."

I realized Pan was buying me time so I could attack Cale. I glanced around the floor, all I saw were rocks and candles.

Rocks.

As Cale was busy mouthing off, I crawled along the ground for the sharp rocks. I snatched a jagged stone and slowly turned myself to face Cale. I needed to wait for the right moment to attack.

"Shut up Pan!" Cale spat. "I don't play by your rules anymore!"

"Do you know what happens to those who do not play by the rules of the game?" Pan tilted his head, "they get eliminated."

Cale shifted from foot to foot. I could tell he was on edge. The only thing I wanted to know was, why hasn't Pan attacked Cale yet? He already used magic on Dustin's leg.

I peered over to Dustin, he was clutching his broken leg. The bloody bone was visible, sticking straight up out of his skin. I cringed at the sight of it but I didn't feel any remorse.

But I then saw my chance. Ignoring the pain, I jumped up and lunged for Cale.

________________
What will happen to Baelfire? And will Cale succeed in infecting Solstice with the Star Fever?

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! If you did, please vote! Please comment and tell me what you thought! :)