Secrets

Double update!

Enjoy! (:

____________

Chapter 22

*Solstice*

Cale brutally pinned me to the jagged wall. I gasped for air. Cale was way too close. His knife dared to cut my flesh.

I heard him sigh, "you know, if you'd only have given into me, we probably wouldn't be here right now."

"I'd rather die than be humiliated by you." I spat

He chuckled, "you stars are always so proud." He paused, anger was rising to his features, "but enough of this. It's story time."
    Cale move away from me but only and inch. "When you visited me at the prison sight, you asked me why I hated you. What you ever did to me." He paused, "it's nothing you did."

"what!? Then why do all those things to me!?" I tried to push Cale away.

"Because your a star!!" He bellowed, his face began to get red with anger. "Your people are murderous!!!"

"My people are murderous!?" I shouted, "what about your people!? You humans, you barbaric people kill stars! And for what!? To become youthful and powerful!?"

"Your people killed my family!!!" Cale shouted, fury filled his now raspy voice.

"What?" I gasped, "that can't be right."

"It's true." He said, he turned his gaze away, as if thinking of that horrible day. "I was with my family when it happened. My mom, my dad and my little sister." A tear escaped his eye, but quickly swiped it away.
"You know, my parents were always welcoming. That's what got them killed. A teenage boy came to us to seek shelter from someone. He said a man was trying to kill him. My parents were generous and let the boy stay. Turns out that boy, was a star. And that man who was chasing him, was a star hunter."

"Cale," I began.

"Don't!" He shouted, "That boy is the reason my parents and my little sister are dead! The man who was hunting the boy tracked him and found him at my house. The man was furious that my family had housed a star..... I still remember their screams." Cale's eyes showed hatred. "The hunter killed my family. My mother told me to run. She told me to grab my sister and run. But I was too late. My sister was already dead. The man set the house on fire with her still in it."

"I'm so sorry." My small voice was barely audible.

Cale locked his gaze with mine, tears streamed down his flushed face, "and you know what!? That boy who sought my family's protection, survived. He got away. He's the reason my family is dead!!"

"What happened to the star hunter?"

"I killed him."

I gasped, I tried to make myself small against the wall but Cale was too close.

"How did he kill your parents?" I dared to ask this unstable boy.

"He shot my father, then tortured my mother!" He shouted, "right in front of me."

"Cale I'm so sorry. But killing me won't bring them back!"

"No, maybe not. But it might give me some closure." He said, his eyes were blank. He pulled me closer to him. His hand was on my back, the other held the dagger. I struggled to break free but Cale's icy dagger touched my skin, forcing me to stop.

"Good girl." He snickered "you know, I was 11 years old when they died. When I first killed. You have no idea what it was like for me those years without a family. Seven years later, Pan found me and brought me to Neverland."

"what was the boy's name?" I asked, not allowing my voice to crack.

Cale sighed, "He was older than me. His name was Dylan."