Taken Away

Chapter 21

*Shine*

I heard the soft noises of guards up ahead. They're laughter echoed in the palace halls. I draped myself with my Raven black cloak and crept along the hallways of my home.

I had to escaped and find Solstice in Neverland and bring her back to the palace. Solstice was right about the sky being a prison. It was difficult to escape it. But somehow Solstice did.

I have to leave without anyone knowing where I have gone. If anyone knew what I was about to do, they'd surely strap me to my throne and never let me leave, regardless if I was their Queen or not.

I made it to the ship hanger without being detected. Hopefully when they notice my absence it would be too late.

Once I made it to my ship, I started up the engine. I huffed, my thoughts were racing. A headache was forming behind my eyes. And I felt a little noxious.

"And where do you think your going?"

I jumped at the sudden voice in the silent cockpit. I whirled around, to find non other than Dylan.

"Dylan!?" I screeched, "what are you doing here!?"

"I think the better question is, what are you doing here?" He questioned

"I do not need to answer that." I stated

"As Majesty, no. But as my step-sister yes." He countered

"You promised never to speak that word to describe me. Dylan if people found out that you're my half brother then your whole life will be ruined."

"Relax. We're the only two people in here." He paused, "besides, I could've been the next King. But you of course think Solstice is the best choice."

"But a bastard as King? We share the same father yes, but the people hate your mother. She took advantage of my father."

"More like he took advantage of her." He corrected.

I groaned, something a Queen should never do. "I am not having this discussion with you right now."

"You're right. We're gunna have this discussion back at the palace. Now."

"No. And as your Queen, I say either come along or go back in a escape pod."

Dylan sighed, "then I guess I have no choice.... How long will it take to reach Neverland?"

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

"Arghhhhh!!" I screamed, thrashing around violently. My skin felt as if it were burning. My eyes rolled back into my head, and I was laying on the stone floor, gasping for another breath.
I felt Cale's hand on my wrist and then he latched something on to it.

The pain stopped.

The pounding headache stopped.

Everything stopped.

My eyes rolled back to the right place and I saw Cale's figure over me.
I shuffled away with my hands and feet.

I realized then I felt off. I looked down at my wrist to see the cuff Cale was holding earlier. I tried to remove it but it was stuck.

"Don't bother." I heard Cale say, "it takes away your magic. Only I can remove it."

I shot my head up, he did what!?

My pulse started to quicken, my heart pounded against my chest feeling as though it would burst at any moment.

"You saw the hourglass right?" Cale motioned his hand over to the glass structure. "Well the sand indicates when Pan is going to die. It's soon too. But in order for time to reset itself, he needs a Star's heart." He paused for dramatic affect, "but not just any star. He needs a Blue Star."

"Why!? Why me!?" I screamed, tears threatened to take advantage of my emotions but I wouldn't let them. I blinked them back each time.
My whole world was going down in flames. Pan has betrayed me. That was his plan all along, to steal my heart.

"Well originally he was going to choose Shine but she was too smart. Nope he needed a naïve little star who didn't know her true meaning." He snickered.

"Stop it." I warned

"Aww is the star going to cry again? Seems like that's all she does. So emotional, so pathetic, so weak, so-"
Cale was cut off by my sudden scream. I ran forward and tackled him to the ground. Surprise was written across his ugly face.

"I'm tired of you!!" I wailed as I pinned him to the ground, "I'm tired of being beaten and criticized!!" Tears streamed down my face. "What did I ever do to you!?"

Cale's grey eyes bore into mine. All I saw was hatred and lust for blood.
My blood.

Cale's strength then overpowered me, he hurled me off of him and toppled on top of me. I was trapped. I struggled to break free but it was no use.

He then reached for his dagger and pointed it to my neck. "Lucky for you this isn't the spot I want to kill you at. Nope I have a better place in mind." Cale got up, grabbed my hair and tugged me along out of Skull Rock.

After we left Skull Rock, Cale took me to the Echo Caves.

"What are we doing here!?" I asked, frightened.

"This is were you'll die."

My eyes widened with horror. No one is going to save me now. No one will come for me. This is it.

I felt the tip of Cale's knife on my back, "keep moving." He whispered

I walked forward, desperately wishing I had magic or any type of weapon. But Cale took it away. I'm like a bird in a cage without an escape.
The cave's darkness swallowed us whole as we stepped into the shadows.
Cale unexpectedly had a small candle lit in the cave just a few feet in front of us. He snatched it up and we kept moving.

"You see," Cale's voice echoed through the cave, "In order for me to take you here, I need to tell you my secret."

"What?"

"The only way I'm allowed to kill you in here is if I tell my darkest secret."

"Then why take me here? Why would you tell me your secret?" I asked

"First of all, I took you here because no one would dare enter here. People fear this cave."

"Why?"

"Because their secrets could destroy them." Cale said bluntly. "And I don't have to worry about you spilling my secret since you'll soon be dead. And I've learned that the dead can't speak."

I gulped.

After a few minutes of walking, we arrived to my death sight.
There was a large space with candles lit all around.

"This is gunna be fun." Cale sneered.
  He shoved me against the nearest wall, and crashed into me. His dagger was pointed for my neck.

__________
Hope you liked this chapter! More soon to come (:

Please vote.
Please comment.
But more importantly, thanks so much for reading!