The Vial

Chapter 17

*Cale*

I gazed at Solstice as she stalked away, I couldn't wait to get out of here.

My body ached, the gash on my forehead throbbed, and my pride was dented.

Solstice is strong with her magic, I'll give her that. But I doubt she even knows how to control it properly. She's also naïve.  She has no idea. She's clueless. She thinks I'm just doing this for fun. That it's a game i'm playing. Pan is the one who plays games, I'm just a pawn. Always have been. But the pawn's are the ones who are grossly underestimated. They're the ones who no one cares about. But they're more deadly than people realize.

I sat up against to metal bars of my cage, groaning. The wind picked up, ruffling my bloodstained hair, the moon and the stars have retreated in the darkness, leaving no light to cast among Neverland, and I sat there, pondering what my next move was going to be.

It wasn't a hard choice. I knew what I was going to do to the star.
I was going to make her suffer, going to make her pay for everything her and her people have done to me, and I know just how I'm going to do it.

I reached into my pant pocket and toyed around with an icy glass bottle inside. It's smooth surface made it cold to the touch.

I was surprised how easy it was to take it. I was surprised how I actually succeeded.

I took out the bottle, which had been concealed inside my pocket, and stared at its contents. The clear liquid sparkled and danced, ready to seek its next victim.

The Star Fever sickness was coming for Solstice.

_______________
Sorry this was kinda short :/

Anyyyway, it would be awesome if you told me what you thought of the chapter or even the whole book! Please comment! :)