Trouble at Training

Chapter 5

*Peter Pan*

"What seems to be the problem?"
I eyed Solstice and Archer.

Archer suddenly stood up; "Cale almost killed her!"

I raised my eyebrow in response. I looked at Solstice— I could see purple and blue marks forming on her pretty little neck.

"It's a game." I snickered, ignoring Archer's glare.

"He could've killed me!" Solstice blurted out while tears dashed down her face.

"Don't you know the best thing about being a Lost Boy? You never apologize.
Everyone has to be tested. I guess this was your test." I looked at her with annoyance. "I can say, I'm disappointed. A star should know how to protect herself."

Silence haunted the room as she glared me. I could tell I aggravated her which was exactly what I wanted to do. I needed to know what buttons to push for the future.

"Pick out a weapon." I then pivoted on my heel and stalked out of the armory.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.
.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**.+**+.

*Solstice*

Pan walked out of the armory, leaving us there alone.

'I don't understand. What happened to the part where Pan said "don't touch her"?'

Archer gazed at me in awe, "y-you're a star?"

"Yeah, I am." I shrugged, "nothing special about me. I can't even use stupid magic on this island. For some reason it won't work. Pan says magic is different here."

I coughed again.

"I wouldn't know." Archer sighed, then his eyes brightened. "Maybe, just maybe, if you could learn to use magic here on Neverland, you could defeat Pan!"

'Is he crazy?'

"Archer!" I hissed, "that's totally insane! I've heard enough stories about Pan to know that he's a bad guy. He's powerful. Bae said he's the most powerful wielder of magic in all the lands! I couldn't go up against that even if I did get my magic back."

"I knew it was too good to be true." He sighed; sadness filled his eyes.
"What weapon are you going to choose?" He quickly changed the subject, trying to conceal his disappointment.

I looked around the armory, unsure of what to pick. Then I spotted a bow, "what about this?" I picked it up, testing its weight.

"It's a nice look on you." Archer said as he grabbed another bow and some arrows. "Let's go."

We walked out of the armory, heading to the field were Felix, Baelfire, Dustin, Cale, and Pan were all waiting for us.

"Let's see if you can actually shoot that thing." Dustin snickered. "I mean you are a girl and all."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What's that supposed to mean jackass?"

At this I saw Felix crack a smirk. At least someone thinks I'm amusing. I was glaring at Dustin until Archer came over, "hey, don't worry about him okay?"

I shot Dustin a warning look but I soon turned my attention the target.

"How do I shoot this thing?" I whispered to Archer so the others wouldn't hear. If the other knew I couldn't shoot a bow I'd die of humiliation. I've never even held a weapon before, unless a kitchen knife or even a piece of paper counts. Yes, a piece of paper could be used as a weapon. It could give someone a nasty paper cut. Oh yeah I just went there.