Infected

Hello to all my lovely readers! ;)
I'm so happy right now, almost 500 reads!! Omg! I know, I know, other people have more but I'm still super excited! That means people like my book!! :D
Okay I'll stop babbling.
Here's the next chapter! :)
_________________

Chapter 28

*Solstice*

My reflection stared back at me, ugly and horrid. The wound on my face, which Cale gave me, was now a pink scar. It started just below my eye and cascaded down my cheek.

I hated it.

I shot up and threw the mirror against the wall. The glass shattered on impact and scattered across the wooden floor. The memory of my blood-shot eyes, my bumpy skin and horrid scar haunted my mind.

Soon I'd start to go crazy. My magic would drain away and I'd start hallucinating. My mind would torture itself. Then—Then comes the devilish spots. Black spots as dark as night, eating away at my flesh. I would soon feel as if I was burning alive.

And who knows what else the sickness will unleash upon me. Those are just the known effects. But suddenly my thoughts were soon interrupted by the hut's door swinging open.

I turned my head to see that Pan was standing in the doorway.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Shine*

"We're five minutes away from Neverland, Majesty." Dylan bowed awkwardly.

"Stop bowing. As you said we're the only ones here." I rolled my eyes.

Dylan shrugged and sat back down on his seat. I turned to him, "Dylan, don't underestimate Peter Pan."

"How is he so powerful?" He sighed as if he were bored. He's such a child.

I huffed, "Peter Pan is a monster. He left his own son for youth and power. He stole a Star's heart before." I let my words hang in the air a bit before continuing, "He took countless of lives to save himself. He is a coward. But he is also to be feared."

Dylan said nothing, he just stared at me as if I would break down at any moment.

I let out a breath, "we have arrived." Neverland's luscious green forests came into sight and its sandy beaches looked welcoming. I landed my ship on the beach, praying I wasn't too late for Solstice.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Peter Pan*

Solstice and I stared at each other for a few moments until Sol diverted her gaze to the floor.

I sighed, "Are you alright?"

Sol shook her head, "look at me!" She shouted, "my skin, my eyes.. My face!!" She shot her blood red eyes at me.

I walked closer to her but she only inched away. "Please," she begged, "don't come near me. You might catch it too."

"It will not effect me." I came over to her, clasping her wrist as I did so. I sat down besides her in silence.

"What happened to Bae?" She asked.

My fist automatically clenched slightly at the sound of her saying his name. "He's fine."

Sol breathed a sigh of relief. But then her expression darkened, "what about Cale and Dustin?"

I sighed, "Dustin is still unconscious in his cage, it seems like he'll wake up soon. And as for Cale, well, he's dead."

Solstice looked up at me, "he's dead?"

Her expression confused me, she was showing sadness. Sadness that Cale was dead? No, that couldn't be right.

"I wish there would have been some other way to stop Cale." She said, "I wish it didn't have to end up with him dying."

"You Stars are interesting creatures." I stated, "how is it that you find compassion for those who persecute you?"

"Why don't you?" She asked.

I thought for a moment and was just about to speak until this invisible wave crashed through me. Something was wrong.

'I'm surprised it took them this long.' I thought to myself. 'I expected more from the Queen of the Stars.'

I stood up, "I have to go, someone just landed on Neverland."

Sol's eyes grew big, "who?"

I didn't even bother to answer.

Once I was outside, I saw Felix and walked toward him. "Felix, look after Solstice. There's a chance that she will go into the second stage soon."

"And where are you going?" Felix asked with his same bored expression.

"Some new pawns are about the play my game."