Stay Away

Chapter 30

*Solstice*

Pan strode out of his room and outside to find these new-comers. I didn't understand why this had happened to me. What did I ever do to Cale? Nothing. He blamed me for the death of his family. He blamed me for everything when I did nothing.

I slowly stood up from the bed and walked over to the broken glass which now rested on the floor.
The broken glass reminded me of my broken life.
My life was perfect before Neverland, before Pan, before Cale. I was a princess who could go anywhere in the sky. I had friends. I had a good life, until I had to smash it to bits.

I was so naïve, so caught up in wanting to be free and to find my own way, and I lost sight that I was being selfish.
I was being stupid.

I crumbled to the floor and cradled my head in my hands. I didn't care that the jagged glass cut into my skin. I didn't care that my sobs could be heard. I just wanted this to be over.

I removed my hands and looked at my reflecting in the broken glass. All I saw was a horrible looking star.
My eyes were Crimson now. My skin had scales like a crocodile. And I already felt my magic draining away.

I was going into the second stage.

Tears fell from my eyes, sobs escaped my throat. I am going to die. Nothing will stop that. No magic in the world will change that.

I was too caught up in my own sorrows to hear the door creak open. The boy stood there and let me weep, knowing I needed to let it out.
Once he saw that my tears had dried up, he made himself known by a slight cough.

I whipped my head up to see Baelfire there. "Baelfire!!" I shot up and dashed over to him only to step back once again. "No, no, no, y-you have to get away." I shot my hand out, telling him to stay back.

"Solstice?" He questioned, "I wanted to see how you were. I needed to see you."

"NO!" I shouted, "stay away from me! Y-you could catch it! You could get sick!"

"Sol," he held up his hands, telling me he wasn't going to do anything, "you won't hurt me. Remember the Star Fever doesn't effect humans."

I shook my head, "no, no, no, no!!" I crashed to my knees, grasping my tangled brown hair.

Baelfire tried to step closer but recoiled as soon as he felt the wooden boards beneath his feet start to tremble.
Everything in Pan's hut started to shake.

My magic was taking ahold of my emotions again.

"Solstice!" Baelfire shouted, "Solstice listen to my voice! You can control your magic!"
The hut shook with intense force. The walls, floor, and ceiling began to crack.
Items in the room began to float.

I felt my skin begin to get hot and saw it turning blue. My eyes must've been horrifying. I glanced at a shard of glass left on the floor, curious to see how devastatingly scary I appeared.
My eyes were haunting; dark red with sparks of electric blue sizzling inside.

"Solstice!" Baelfire called for me. "Control it!"

"I-I can't!" I screamed.

Baelfire advanced, "yes you can."

Hot tears flooded my eyes again, streaming down my blue cheeks. "No, no I can't!"

"Listen to me." Bae said soothingly.

I took in a sharp breath and closed my eyes. I tried to focus on Baelfire and not the things around me. But that's when I felt I was being wrapped in a strong embrace.
I opened my eyes to see that Bae was holding me in his arms.

All the fear, hatred, and anxiety melted away. I felt my skin cool off and I'm sure I didn't look as frightening anymore.

As soon as I was sure I was in control, I grasped Baelfire's shirt. I wept on his shoulder. I whispered things I didn't even remember saying.
And he held me until I was ready to let go.

Maybe one good thing came out of this. "Baelfire," I pleaded, "please help me."

"I'll do anything for you." He shushed me, "I'm going to go see if Pan can do anything."

I shook my head, "he would've done it already. There's nothing he can do. There's no cure."

________________
Hello to all my wonderful readers! First of all, I would like to thank you all for the views and votes! <3 it means so much!

Anyway, sorry that this was kind of a short chapter, but I maybe be doing a double update soon, so keep a look out for that! (:

P.S: before you leave this page, remember go click that awesome star button on the bottom left ;)

Love ya!