56. sleeping beauty

There were some things which Shijin could never forget, such as how to peel shrimps—something he had learnt a long time ago, or Haan Woo himself.

Shijin picked up a shrimp, unsure of what he was feeling as he did so.

He peeled it slowly, little by little, very carefully. It was as if he was trying his best to peel away the hard shell that covered his whole body, to pull out the soft heart inside to be presented to Haan Woo.

Haan Woo carefully observed him. After a while, he said, "You've gotten rusty."

Shijin's hands shook. He reluctantly said, "It's been a while since I peeled a shrimp."

Haan Woo didn't say anything more. He simply picked up the tender shrimp and ate it.

He chewed slowly, looking calm as he did so, making it hard for people to guess what he was thinking about.

Shijin was filled with anxiety. It was like he was standing in front of a black fog, it was unclear what he would encounter if he stepped in—it could be an abyss, or it could be... an Eden?

Shijin sat in his seat, motionless. Haan Woo glanced at him and said, "Continue peeling the shrimps."

Shijin was stunned.

Haan Woo said, "If you've become rusty, then you should practice more."

These words had double meanings. Shijin suddenly turned to look at him, his pair of dark-colored eyes were like a night sky filled with faintly twinkling stars.

Haan Woo didn't look at Shijin. He only asked in a low voice, "Are you going to start peeling or not?"

Shijin quickly grabbed a mantis shrimp.

At this moment, Jungkook finally came to his senses. Fuck, Fatty Woo now wants to reconcile with that scum? This fickle fatty, does he still have any principles!? It's only been a day and he's already changed his mind? Can he even do it? Can he compensate me for the breach of contract!?

Jungkook still felt that it was quite inconceivable. He looked at Jimin.

Jimin nodded at him solemnly.

Jungkook tried his best to talk to Jimin through his eyes.

Jimin also tried to use their eye contact to communicate.

While these two people were 'casting amorous gazes' at each other, there was someone who wasn't so pleased seeing them doing so.

Taehyung asked Jimin, "Do you want to eat mantis shrimp?"

Jimin actually seldom ate them, mainly because it was troublesome to peel. But looking at Haan Woo eating it, they actually seemed rather delicious? So he said, "Sure."

Taehyung picked up a shrimp and put it on his own plate to peel.

Jimin couldn't care less about what Jungkook was trying to communicate to him mentally, he focused on watching Taehyung peel the shrimps instead.

Taehyung's fingers looked really nice. They were slender and fair and the joints between his fingers could be seen clearly. The features on his fingers looked so powerful, yet elegant and charming. How wonderful!

Jimin stared without blinking. Not long after, the shrimp was peeled and placed onto Jimin's plate.

Jimin stole a look at Haan Woo's plate, then looked at his own. He immediately felt like Taehyung did a better job at peeling than Shijin, so his heart felt even more blissful.

Jungkook didn't want to talk to Jimin, the transmission had been cut off halfway anyway. This was certainly not the Minnie he knew!

After he evaluated the situation, he understood that the script had 'changed'. Old Woo, this traitor, had 'abandoned' him for Shijin.