CHAPTER SIXTY ONE

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐CHAPTER SIXTY ONE:House of Letters└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

┌─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┐
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE:
House of Letters
└─── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ───┘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lyla woke up the next morning with a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach, she didn't know why, but it was persistent that whole morning. It was like she knew something bad was going to happen, but she couldn't place exactly what. She was racking her thoughts, trying to pinpoint whatever it was that was causing this strange feeling to occur, when Amber interrupted her thoughts.

"I really think you should just tell Jerome how you feel." The blonde girl insisted, while the two walked down the hall to class after picking up a ton of supplies from the art room. Lyla gave her a sarcastic nod, saying, "Oh yeah, so he can take the piss out of me? No, thanks."

Amber groaned, "I swear he fancies you as well. Maybe he's just using Mara to make you jealous." She suggested, making Lyla laugh and say, "Ha, that's likely."

"Look, I know you really want us to get together or whatever, but honestly I don't think that's ever going to happen. It's just a stupid crush and I'll get over it soon enough."

"But what if-" Amber tried, but she got cut off by Lyla shushing her as they walked into the classroom. Her eyes going wide as she saw the back of Jerome's head standing in the room, she hoped he didn't hear anything.

Amber cleared her throat as her and Lyla dumped all of their campaign supplies onto her desk, changing the subject, "Thanks for all your help with this campaign, guys." She spoke sarcastically to the others, "We've only had to struggle all the way from the art room with this stuff." She complained.

"I thought Alfie was going to help with you're campaign stuff?" Mara questioned, earning a sigh from Amber who said, "Not anymore... It's just Lyla now."

"Jerome, are you free to talk about our campaign?" Mara asked the boy, making Lyla scowl at her. But what caught them all off guard was what Jerome responded with, "You know what, Mara? No need."

Everyone looked at him in shock as he carried on, "You and Mick carry on with your smoochy yuck-fest, and I'll do everything, okay?" He snarked, making Mara confused, "That's very kind of you, Jerome. But-" She said, not getting the chance to finish as Jerome cut her off.

"Yeah, see, thing is, I am not kind, and I'm not a sucker either, so you do it yourself." He snapped, before turning towards Amber and Lyla and saying, "Come on, you two. Let's celebrate. You've won."

The two girls shared a confused look, "Huh?" Amber said, "I'm your new campaign manager. Commiserations, loser." Jerome told them, sending a glare at Mara.