Chapter 39

Hazel:

I walked down the white carpeted staircase and through the living room to the kitchen. I walked in and uncle Freddie, Jim, and Phoebe sat at the kitchen table while Uncle Joe fixed lunch.

"Hazel darling come here I haven't seen you in forever" Uncle Phoebe said as I ran over giving him a hug.

" I missed you" I mumbled.

" I missed you too" he said back as we pulled away.

" No hugs for your favorite uncle" Jim said

I gave him a hug and uncle Joe.

" Your all wrong I'm her favorite uncle" Freddie exclaimed scooping me up making me giggle.

" Let the girl speak for herself now Hazel darling who's your favorite uncle" Uncle Joe asked as he passed out sandwiches for all of us.

They all stared at me waiting for an answer. I figured I would mess with them all.

"Uncle John" they all gasped and then started laughing. Well except for Uncle Freddie.

" And to think all we've been through" Freddie exclaimed pouting .

" Oh Freddie I was kidding" I told him as I climbed back up on his lap.

He looked away from me putting his nose in the air. I decided to do what I do to dad. I leaned my head on his chest looking up at him.

" Uncle Freddie look at me " I told him.

With a pouty expression he looked at me.

" Your ALL my favorite uncle's" I told him making him smile.

" Your my favorite person of them all" he said hugging me.

" Oh well we see how it is" Jim said with a hurt expression.

" Oh you all know I love you all Freddie said as we both laughed.

Later that night:

Thunder boomed and lightning flashed. I whimpered hiding my head under the covers. I hated thunder storms. Thunder crashed again and I jumped. I peeked my head over the covers then through them all off. I quickly grabbed my robe and thunder crashed again causing me to jump.

I quickly ran to the door opening it and going down the hall way. I was going to go to uncle Freddie's room and ask to sleep in there. I decided not to since Uncle Jim slept in there and that would be crowded. I decided instead to go to uncle Joe's room. I walked down the hall trying to be quite and to uncle Joe's.

I opened the door quietly stepping inside the room.

" Uncle Joe" I whispered walking to the edge of his bed.

No answer

"Uncle Joe" I lightly pushed on his shoulder.

"Aghhh" he groaned.

" Can I sleep in here I-I'm scared" I whimpered afraid to go back to my room.

He had woken up a bit more and was sitting up.

" Yes of course come here love" he lifted the covers and I hurriedly got under.

He draped the covers back over us both. I cuddled up against uncle's Joe chest and he wrapped his arm around me.

" Thank you uncle Joe" I whispered.

" your welcome darling" he mumbled back.

I slowly fell asleep finally not scared of the thunder.

------------------------
Hello Everyone,

Yet again another Hazel POV. I'll go back to Roger and Michelle's POV soon. Anyways Peace and Love-HL