Chapter 42

May 30th,1991

Brian wasn't present but Freddie, John, and Roger were. I was watching as they recorded 'These are the days of our lives' music video. Hazel and Hendrix talked to John's children quietly while I held our latest addition Freddie in my arms. He was just about 8 months old and was already walking. I had to hold him just so he wouldn't walk into the video as he had done already.

" Alright Freddie now this is the last few lines starting with 'cos these are the days of our lives' you okay Freddie" the director asked.

" Of course darling" Freddie replied with a smile.

" Okay play back" the director called out.

The song began.

" Cos these are the days of our lives
They've flown in the swiftness of time
These days are all gone now but some things remain
When I look and I find - no change
Those were the days of our lives yeah
The bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one thing's still true
When I look and I find, I still love you," it then went to the last line throwing a dagger at my heart.

"I still love you"

What didn't know or the world was that was Freddie's sign off. It was the last time Freddie Mercury born the name Farrokh Bulsara would ever be on camera. After the video Hazel and Hendrix went home with Freddie as it would be the last week they would be able to spend the night except for Hazel who would stay two days longer. After that it would only be visits. Heart aching visits.

Hazel:

" What would you like for dinner" Uncle Joe asked me after Hendrix went home.

"Um how about Talipia and salad how does that sound Uncle Freddie" he smiled at me warmly.

" It sounds splendid" he smiled sitting down carefully on the couch.

" I'll get right on it" Uncle Joe said leaving to the kitchen.

"Come here darling" Freddie said with open arms.

I walked over smiling and wrapped my arms around him. He lightly placed his arms around me.

" Uncle Fred?"I questioned looking at the decor around me.

" Yes My little lady bug" he asked.

Should I ask him?

"I heard Mum and Dad talking and they said something about you and how you would be too ill for me to spend the night after this what do they mean?" He felt uneasy but sighed.

" Hazel sit up " I followed his instructions and sat up looking into my lap.

" Did I say something wrong" I asked looking into his eyes.

"no Hazel but what I'm gonna tell you should never be mentioned again okay love I'm trusting You"I nodded and continued "Hazel you know I- I don't look the way I used to you see I'm very sick darling and I don't have much longer I can't lie to you much longer but there can't be any tears okay...I love you Hazel your the greatest and I remember the day I first held you as if you were my own your the closest thing I have to a kid but I'm gonna ask you something" I nodded not being able able to form words

"Alright what do you want to be when you get older" he asked me.

" Uh-uh s-singer...Uh performer " I told him tripping on my words.

" Alright well you need to promise me this and you need to keep it I want you to follow your dreams if that's what you wanna do pursue music and don't let anyone stand in your way" I soaked in every word he said.

" I promise uncle Freddie"

" Good now let's go see what Uncle Jim is doing"

The rest of the night went incredibly well and we had a great time. I was terribly upset the more I thought about uncle Freddie's words when I went to bed. I silently went to Freddie and Jims room.

" Uncle Freddie" I said just so he could hear me without disturbing Jim.
He opened his eyes looking at me.

" Yes darling" he whispered

"Could I sleep in here" he smiled at me.

" Of course"

I smiled as well and crawled in the bed. Freddie wrapped the covers around me.

" Goodnight Uncle Freddie"

"Goodnight mini Roger"