Chapter 45

Michelle:

We had all finished dinner and the kids were playing out in the yard. Well Hazel wasn't her and Freddie were walking around the gardens paths. She held his hand and they talked. They stopped at the coy pond and Freddie pointed out things to her.

" She loves Freddie"Veronica, John's wife, spoke up.

" don't we all" I told her smiling.

" No not like everyone loves Freddie she's in love with Freddie just as Freddie is in love with her it's the closest thing Freddie has to a kid of course he doesn't mind our children and Hendrix and little Freddie but there's something there" she told me as everyone else agreed.

" Wow I..didn't think of it...that way" I told her honestly.

Freddie and Hazel walked back to the porch. Hazel helped Freddie sit back in his wheelchair and she sat beside him. Freddie smiled at her and she smiled back. In their eyes I could finally see that love. It wasn't anything like say Roger and I but It was unconditional. It was hard to explain but to see it explained it all.

"Did you guys have fun on your walk" I asked Hazel who looked at me.

" Yeah Freddie explained a bit more of the Japanese culture " she told me with a grin I hadn't seen in forever.

" Woah really what do you think" Roger asked her smiling as well.

" I like it alot"

The night went on and most people had left. We had all went inside amd were in the living room. Little Freddie was asleep and so was Hendrix. Hazel was still up and it was almost 10. I tried getting her to fall asleep but she said she wouldn't. Eventually after much of am argument I gave up.

" Hey Hazel" Freddie said getting her attention.

"Yes uncle Freddie" she looked up at him.

" Why don't you show everyone your piano playing what do you think" she grinned amd looked at me.

" Can I ?"she questioned me.

" of course"

We all went to the piano room and she sat down on the piano Bench. Roger, Joe,Jim, Phoebe, Freddie, and I all waited for her to play.

" Uncle Freddie which on should I play one I can sing too " he thought for a second and whispered in her ear. She nodded and prepared her fingers.

She did a little thing Freddie does before playing. She then went into playing. I instantly recognized what she was playing.

" She keeps Moët et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake,' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette"

I was in awe at her talent. She played perfectly and her voice although hasn't matured yet it was beautiful. I looked at Roger who was holding my hand and he had a look of pride on his face.

" Recommended at the price
Insatiable an appetite
Wanna try?
You wanna try..."

She finished the song amd everyone clapped. She grinned ear to ear and bowed. Freddie was probably prouder than everyone in the room. He taught her not just the piano and to sing but to care, live, and so much more but most importantly love.

"That was amazing baby girl " Roger cooed giving her a hug.

" Thanks dad" she said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

" How about another song" Freddie suggested and she nodded.

She didn't ask this tine which song to play this time but began preparing to play it. I instantly recognized the sing she was preparing for as Freddie did the same thing in concert.

" Can anybody find me somebody to love?" She sang before saying "let's do this"

She grinned and went into playing.

" Each morning I get up I die a little
Can barely stand on my feet
Take a look in the mirror and cry
Lord what you're doing to me
I have spent all my years in believing you
But I just can't get no relief,
Lord!"

As she played I felt every emotion in it. It was same but different as when Freddie plays it. Although yes Freddie had written it and he portrays it in another way. I realized something many months later. While she was singing it was describing her future.

"Can anybody find me somebody to love?"