Chapter 44

Michelle:

Roger and I lounged on the porch as Roger held little Freddie in his arms. Hazel and Hendrix played out on the yard kicking the soc-..er football in the yard. Summer was quickly ending and in two days it would be September.

"Have you talked to Freddie today" Roger asked me as he looked at little fred to our two kids who were tackling each other in the yard.

" Yeah he wants us to come by at dinner time John, Brian, and there families will be there as well" I told him laughing at our two kids.

"That's good...have you noticed how Hazels been acting recently after her the visits with Freddie and we'll since the last time she's spent the night " he asked me.

Truth was I noticed quite a bit. She's been very distant with everyone except for right now. The only time she's not distant with anyone is when she's with Freddie. She's actually happy at the moment but this was after I told her about dinner at Freddie's. Before I told her she was very I guess you could say glum.

" Yeah I have I've noticed alot actually she's not the bright eyed happy little girl she's very..umm..held back and although I love music obviously since I wouldn't have met you all she has done is sing, play with the guitar we bought her for Christmas last year, and your drums" as soon as I said the last part he went wide eyed.

" My drums...ugh...alright I guess. .As long as she's careful..is she careful " he had a strong look of worry.

This man I swear.

"Yes she's just fine Roger but what about her something had to have happen when she was at Freddie's yes she did tell us about Freddie being sick but something must have really happened" I was so confused as to why she was acting this way.

"Why don't we just ask her" Roger told me as if it was that simple.

"Roger we can't just force it out of her will just have to observe her actions later and then ask her to make sure it's not something else"

At Freddie's

We had arrived at Freddie's and we were outside the garden lodge. Hazel was shaking her leg, smiling, in anticipation.

"Calm down Hazel the doors opening" Roger told her laughing a little at her.

As soon as the door opened she flew into Jims arms.

" Uncle Jim" she exclaimed.

" Munchkin " he exclaimed before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"where's uncle Freddie" she asked as we walked into the house.

"He's just around back why don't you go give a hug and kiss to Uncle Joe and Phoebe then head outback to uncle Freddie" he sat her down and she gave one more quick hug.

" Alright uncle Jim" she ran off to the kitchen where I was guessing uncle Joe was.

" She's very attached to you all" I told him as we approached the back door.

" She is but she's such a delight to have around so well mannered, gratefully, caring, just everything it's a shame of the situation but at least she got to spend all those nights here all the times Freddie would teach her piano in his piano room and you could hear her singing and playing all by herself she's a talented one she is if only Freddie wasn't in the state he was in now because we both talked of adopting a kid a few years earlier but now we sorta cant" I rubbed his back a bit to calm him down and he nodded in appreciation.

Now what about this piano playing I have to hear this...

------------------------------
Hello Everyone,

I wanted your opinion on a book idea. It actually would be a sequel to this book but it would be strictly in Hazels POV. It would go on with her life after Freddie,her growing up with her family, being in the shadow of a rockers kid and trying to escape that, and so forth. I was thinking of the idea as I enjoy writing in her POV. Hm I dont know just let me know in the comments. Anyways Peace and Love-HL.