Chapter 43

"Look there!!" Chaeyoung screamed while pointing at the hill top, "We can't see the mountain top!"

He immediately looked at that direction.

"The mountain top was green till now," She explained, "Now it has become black and white!"

"Silly girl," Jungkook smirked in his trademark way which set her heart to pounding.

"What did you say?" Chaeyoung quizzed.

"Nothing," He said watching the sky keenly, "Acually it is raining over there."

"Raining?" Chaeyoung suddenly got understood. He looked at her while she was still watching at the hill top, "Jungkook, look that again. More and more green area is changing hue"

"No chaeyoung, the rain is coming rapidly towards us. Now please change the direction of your horse and start running away."

Jungkook accosted chaeyoung and turned his direction as she followed him. He was continually looking back at every turn to check if she has not fallen behind. They ran and ran on the winding way, forgetting which way they came in the first place.

Their journey continued. His horse was following her with the hope of finding a way back home or a way out of the jungle. By god's grace they found a way seemed to be going out of the jungle, but also there were so many of them going in different directions. It was indeed much confusing. If they followed any of them, probably they would be roaming the rest of their life

They found a trail with foot-prints of people. Although there were not many foot-prints, yet it was the ray of hope for the day. They were standing on the foothill of a small mountain. Definitely there was a tribal village somewhere near, but it was difficult to know which part went to the village. There was also a way going towards the top of the hill, but no village was apparent there. It was possible sometimes people go up the hill for collecting food, and their village was situated somewhere on the bottom of it.

Anyway Jungkook decided to follow the trail. As they moved some distance, a lonely woman tore into their line of vision walking, as it seemed who got off from the hill and moving towards the winding side of the hill. The tribal woman was in her early twenties. She was at a considerable distance and was holding a bunch of logs on her head.

Out of relief Jungkook swiftly went in the direction of the young tribal woman, in order to follow her to her village. Chaeyoung pursued him making her horse move slowly. It was not long to bridge the gap between them. Jungkook maintained some space and followed her slowly. She looked side ways few times, noticing a strange man sheepishly following her but didn't try to have a conversation with him. Neither Jungkook tried to communicate with her. He had the experience with the tribal man in past where all manner of communication failed. Surely this woman couldn't communicate with him. He required finding some mature or elderly person in their village whom they expected would have seen the outside world. Fortuitously the woman started to walk fast, as quickly as possible, with looking back not even once then shouted loudly after she reached a safe distance.