Part 36

About an hour or so passed and I was so drunk. I heard the door bell and I yelled "Who is it?!" But I didn't hear anyone answer. I got up and walked to the door. "Who the hell is it?" I yelled swinging the door open. Standing there on the other side looking beautiful as ever stood Aubrey. "Aubrey!!! Are you really here?" I said and hugged her. Just the sight of her helped me sober up. "I'm only here because Tiara asked me to come. She said she was worried about you and you had been drinking too much. Bruno how much have you had?" She asked but all I could do was stare at her precious face. "Bruno! Bruno! Can you hear me?" She said shaking me. She walked inside and closed the door and helped me over to the couch. Then I just started crying. "Aubrey I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything I said and everything I did that hurt you. I didn't mean any of it. I do need you in my life. I'm sorry I missed your graduation! I'm sorry for everything" I said and got on my knees pleading for forgiveness. "Bruno stop!" She said and I could hear she was crying. She got down next to me and hugged me. "Bruno, I forgive you okay? Just please stop drinking. You're a mess. I can't let you do this to yourself. You're my best friend. I gotta take care of you" she said. "Aubrey, please, stay with me tonight?" I asked. She thought about it for a second and then sighed. "Okay, I'll stay. But you gotta get in the bed" she said helping me up and taking me to the bed. "Aubrey, can you lay with me?" I asked and she climbed in the bed without saying anything. I wiped her tear stained face and pulled her close. "I'm so sorry I hurt you. I will never forgive myself for it" I say and tears roll down her face again. "You really did hurt me. But let's just try to forget it okay? And please don't cry anymore." She said. I wiped her face again and pulled her close. "I'm so sorry sweetheart. You're the last person I ever wanted to hurt." She put her head in my chest and cryed a little bit more. I rubbed her head and sang her to sleep. Then I whispered "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and you don't even know it yet. But I promise, you will. I'm so sorry I hurt you."