Part 38

Aubrey's POV...

I didn't really have anywhere I needed to be. I just needed to get away from Bruno for a little bit. Especially after all that he said to me. I had so much going on in my head. I needed to clear my mind. So I went home, changed and went for a nice long run. When I came back I showered, got dressed, and went to see Alex. If there was one thing I was certain about was that I couldn't continue my relationship with Alex...and I definetly couldn't marry him. No matter what I decided to do about Bruno, this relationship had to end. I knocked on the door and he answered. "Hey babe! What are you doing here?" He asked and kissed me. "Alex, we need to talk" I said and I saw his face go from happy to worried. "What is it babe?" I hesitated to start. Alex was kind of a jerk and a spoiled rich kid, but he was always nice to me. I really cared about him, and I loved him, but I wasn't in love him. "Alex....I... I can't marry you." I started to say then he cut me off. "Why? Are you not ready? Do you need more time? If that's it I understand babe." - "No. Alex, stop, please let me finish. I can't marry you.... I can't be with you.... this relationship has to end. It has no future." - "What are you talking about Aubrey? I love you!" - "I know that Alex, and I love you too. But I'm not in love with you. I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry." - "Oh... I get it. It's him isn't it? You're in love with Bruno." - "Alex, stop. This isn't about Bruno. This is about me and you." - "But it is about Bruno. Aubrey, do you think I'm dumb? It's always about Bruno with you. It always has been. I thought I could make that go away eventually. That you could love me and just me. I thought that just maybe you could look at me the way I've seen you look at him. Talk about me the way you talk about him. But I see now that it's impossible. I can't stop what's meant to be." He said taking me by complete surprise. "I...I don't know what to say Alex. I didn't know I did that. Honestly I don't know what's going to happen with Bruno. I just know me and you has to end." - "I get it, I'm not mad. Can I just have one last kiss goodbye?" He asked. I couldn't deny him that. He kissed me and hugged me. Then I gave him the ring back and I left. I couldn't help but wonder if maybe Chanel saw what Alex saw and that's why she disliked me so much.

[End Of POV]