Part 59

The next morning we all had breakfast together. Aubrey had the biggest smile on her face all morning and that made me smile too. I really never felt this type of happiness before. After breakfast we all went to the beach and hung out for a while. My parents seemed to really hit it off with Aubrey's parents and that made me happy too. We were having too much fun. I didn't want this day to end but I knew it was time for all of us to pack up and go home. The guys and I had to get back for the tour. Aubrey needed to get back to LA and her parents needed to get back to New Mexico. When we got to the airport her parents were the first to leave. "Take good care of her Bruno" Mr. Sandoval said. "I promise I will sir. Even when I'm away, I'll make sure she's taken care of." - "I know you will son, you're a good man Bruno!" He said to me and hugged me. I looked over at Aubrey and she was teary eyed. I knew this moment touched her and it touched me too. I had her fathers approval and he called me son. I never imagined something like that would mean so much to me. Then again, I never had someone as important as Aubrey in my life like this. She hugged them and said her goodbyes and they boarded their plane. Aubrey was leaving next. I walked with her to her terminal cause her plane was now boarding. She hugged me tight and I hugged her. "Thank you so much for all of this Bruno. You have made these the best couple days of my life. I love you so much" - "You deserve all this and more baby squirrel." I said and she giggled then asked "So, I guess baby squirrel is gonna stick huh?" I smiled and said "It's a big possibility" and we both laughed. I hugged her once more then kissed her. "Call me or text me when you land babe. I wanna make sure you're safe" - "I will Bruno." - "Oh and baby squirrel?" - "Yeah?" She asks. I pull a copy of my house key out of my pocket and hand it to her. "Just in case you wanna move in now or whatever." I say and she looks at it and smiles. "I'll let you know" she says and winks. Then she gives me one more kiss and gets on the plane.