"Give me a chance to change your mind!"

Jason's pov

She gets out of her truck, walking toward the house. She quickly turns around catching me by surprise. My big truck isn't in the best of hiding. "I know you're following me!" She calls. "Oh, busted." I mutter, opening the door. "Yeah, wanted to make sure ya got home safe." I say, walking over. She smiles. "I hope that's all it is, cause trust me ya don't want to get mixed up with me." She says. I laugh. "Oh and why do you say that?" I ask, leaning against a tree. "I'm not the best companion. I'm hardly ever home, always training." She says. I don't really care about that. "I can handle it." I say. She shakes her head. "I'm not into a relationship but we can be friends." She says, heading to her house. Ugh, playing hard to get. Girls are so weird. "Oh, come on girl, ya need someone to protect ya." I say. She smiles. "I think ya scared them off. I'll see ya around." She says, going inside. I'll come by tomorrow. I'll make her mine.

*the next day*

This time I have my guitar. I'll sing country boy's world to her. I knock on her door but get no answer. Hm, where is she?

Miranda's pov

I take a break from training. My phone is ringing. It's my neighbor. "Hey, you trainin' again?" She asks. "Just got done." I say, drinking a water bottle. "Some guy is in your driveway." She says, surprising me. Huh?! Who could it be?! I run to my truck and jump in. "What's he doing?" I ask. "Just sittin' there. He's got a guitar." She says. "Guitar?" I mumble thinking. Oh wait, that cowboy. I get home. He stands up. "Hey, I was wantin' to show ya somethin'." He says. "Ok." I say, slowly. He props his guitar on his knee. "It's a song I wrote a while back and it makes me think of you." He says. This is so weird. I hope my neighbor isn't still watching. "She was raised up in Jersey, I said oh lord have mercy never seen a one light town til she moved down here. She said I'm so bored outta my mind, need a Starbucks and a wi fi, or a jet airliner to fly me anywhere. I said do ya wanna take a ride in my truck, don't pay no mind to that 12 point buck laid across my hood." He sings the chorus. A line makes me smile. "Just give me a chance to change your mind, so before you go and fly away girl, let me show ya round a country boy's world." I think he's still in a round about way asking me to be his girlfriend. I listen to the rest of the song. "That was a great song." I say. He sets down the guitar. "So can I show ya round a country boy's world?" He asks. "Oh what the hell." I say, standing up. He smirks. "Take me down to Rome Georgia. I'll have fun pickin' peaches off the trees." I say. He takes my hand. "I know you'll fall in love." He says. We walk hand in hand to his truck. "With you or a country boy's world?" I ask jokingly. He smiles. "If I'm lucky, both." He says.

*a little bit later*

We're in a honkeytonk in downtown Nashville.

Jason's pov

This is Nashville, man. We need to play somethin' country. "Hey Rob, ya don't mind?" I call. "Go ahead, bro." He says, cleaning a glass and waving. I smile and grab my guitar. "Where are you going?" She asks. "To sing." I say. "Step aside, let me show ya what country is." I tell the guy already up there. He tosses me the mic. "Have fun. This crowd is dead to the world." He says. "Naw, man. This crowd wants ya to play country." I reply, sitting on the stool. That girl staring up at me might not be country yet but before too long, she will be. She'll be stone cold country by the grace of God. I sing she's country and big green tractor. The whole crowd is cheering including her. "Climb up in my lap and drive if ya want to. Girl ya know ya got me to hold onto. We can go to town but baby if you'd rather I'll take ya for a ride on my big green tractor! Ooooh my big green tractor." By then, I step offstage. "That was awesome, you sure know how to get a party started." She says. "Uh huh. It's only goin' on nine o clock but it feels more like midnight." I joke. "It's already 9! I've got to get home!" She cries, grabbing her purse. I put my hand on her shoulder. "No darlin', it's a song lyric. I was kiddin'." I say, trying not to laugh. "Oh." She says, blushing. I smile. "The night's still young. Care for a dance?" I ask. "I don't dance." She says. "Oh come on this ol cowboy knows a thing or two." I say. She laughs. "Don't call yourself old. You're only like 32, right." She says. "Well 36 but I'll take 32." I joke.

Miranda's pov

He pulls me onto the dance floor to a Craig Morgan song. I don't dance but here I am. He's spinning me around and around in circles. It ain't my style but I don't care. I'm having the time of my life.