Recovery and Danny the doctor

Jason's pov

She's bed ridden me. "Baby, you know this'll drive me crazy!" I call. I don't get a response so I get up and go downstairs. She's asleep on the couch, clutching the bible in her hand. I smile and put it back on the shelf. When I walk back, I notice she has tear stains on her cheeks. I pick her up, bridal style, ignoring the fiery pain in my side. She nestles her head in my chest. My wild guiness girl. I carry her back to our bedroom and lay her on the bed. "Don't cry anymore baby, I'm okay." I whisper, kissing her forehead. Danny is still taking his nap. I guess I'll start on dinner. I'll make mama's famous meatloaf since we didn't get to enjoy it at thanksgiving. Damn tornado. I call mom while I'm cooking. "Hey ma, guess what I'm makin'." "What's that?" "Your meatloaf." "Shouldn't you be in bed?" "Ugh, you guys too? I'm fine." She has to go so I finish prepping the meatloaf when I feel a hand on my back. "Hey baby." "You should be in bed." She says. "Baby girl, I told you I'm fine." "Somethin' the doctor told me has been nagging at me." She says, worried. I turn around. "Is that why you were crying earlier?" She nods. I lean against the counter, my side throbbing. "He said you'd barely be able to walk and that you'd never be able to do the things you used to." "Aw honey, that doctor don't know me. For the average person maybe. But not me. I've got a much higher pain threshold than most people." "So you promise you aren't hurting, and don't lie to me." I hold her hands. "Sweetheart I wouldn't lie to you. I am a little sore but that's normal. I'm not hurting badly to where I'm immobile. My side hurts a little but that's about it." "And you'd tell me if you were hurting?" "Of course baby." I wrap my arms around her waist. "You'd be the first I tell." I kiss her. "I just.... Know how stubborn.... You are." "Hey you love my stubbornness." "Definitely." Each time we kiss makes me wanna rip her clothes off and do her right here and now. I slip my hand into the waistband of her jeans. She bites her lip and smirks. I smile and kiss her softly as she slips out of her shirt then I take mine off.

*later*

"I love doin' that with you baby." She whispers, her head resting on my chest. I squeeze her hand with a relaxed sigh. Then I smell smoke. "Whoops, I completely forgot about the meatloaf." I mutter, getting up and slowly pulling my jeans back on, teasing her. She rolls her eyes and follows suit. I get the burnt meatloaf out of the oven and toss it in the trash. "Oh well." I mutter. "We could order pizza or somethin'." She says, shrugging. "I don't really care." I say. She pulls out her phone and dials. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her neck. She giggles and orders. "Stop that!" She gasps, laughing. "You don't want me to stop." "Nope, but I'm on the phone." I roll my eyes.

*a couple weeks later*

Miranda's pov

I wake up feeling groggy and hot. Ugh. I think I'm coming down with something. "Aw my poor baby is sick." Jason says, smoothing my hair. I smile up at him. Danny runs in but Jason swoops him up before he reaches me. They both laugh hysterically. "What's wrong mama?" "She's not feeling' too well bud. How about we go make her some soup?" "My big boys are making soup for me." Danny nods and jumps on the bed beside me, making my stomach hurt more. "I'll be your doctor and I'll take care of you." "Hey where does that leave me?" Jason asks, teasingly. He thinks for a second. "You can be my nurse." I laugh hard at that one. He just shakes his head with a silly smile. He kisses my forehead and he and Daniel leave. I turn over and try to go back to sleep.

Jason's pov

I finish making soup for her and me and Danny bring it up to her but she's not in bed. She's in the bathroom. I set the soup down. "Baby, You okay?" I hear her throwing up! That can't be good. I open the door, hitting my knees and holding her hair back. Why is she throwing up. She groans and sits back down, leaning against the wall. "I don't know where that came from." She mumbles, holding her stomach. "It's okay, I've got ya." I say, wrapping an arm around her.

*the next day*

She's still sick and throwing up. Maybe I should call a doctor. I walk in and Daniel holds a wet washcloth to her forehead. "I'm okay sweety." She tells him. He removes it. "Hey hun, maybe we should go to the doctor." I say. She nods. "No! I'm your doctor!" Daniel gapes. I smile. "And you're a great doctor but I think it's time we got a second opinion." I say. "Okay dad." I smile and ruffle his hair. "Now go get ready to go to Aunt Kasi's and Uncle Tully's house." He nods and races from the room. "It's weird other than throwing up, I don't feel sick." She says. Hm. What could that mean? "The doctor will know." She nods and gets dressed. I kiss her forehead and hold her hand. "Let's go."

*later*

The doctor walks in with a smile. "How's your side doing?" He asks. "We're not here for that. I'm fine." I grumble, crossing my arms. "We're here about Miranda throwing up for 2 days straight." He just continues to smile, confusing me. "I know exactly why that's happening." He says. She shoots me a worried glance. "Congratulations Mr. And Mrs. Aldean, you're gonna have another baby."