A date night

Jason's pov

I wake up to the sound of Cassie's crying. I guess Miranda already got her because she's not in bed. I walk down to our one year old's room. She's rocking her but she won't stop crying. Ugh. She's still sick. "Oh Jason, I don't know what to do. She won't stop crying! What's wrong with her?" She's freaking out. "It's okay baby, calm down. Babies cry when they're sick." I gasp, taking Cassie from her. "Go lay down, hun you're stressing over nothing. She's fine." After she leaves, I sit Cassie in my lap. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" "Dada." She whimpers. "Yeah it's okay daddy's here." She's really fussy. Maybe she needs more medicine. I carry her downstairs and give her some more medicine. She makes a nasty face, making me smile. That fades though when she refuses to take her meds. "Oh honey you're just as stubborn as your daddy. Come on take your medicine. Don't you want to get better?" She nods. "And the only way to do that is by taking your meds." She finally takes them so I put on a kid's movie and let her lay down on my lap. Soon she's asleep. I get her laid down and go back to our room. She's nervously pacing. "Honey, calm down. She's okay. She's sleeping now." "I'm a terrible mother. I can't take care of my daughter!" She cries in her hands. I pull her into a hug. "You are not a terrible mother. Don't talk like that. Just get some rest." I pull her to the bed. "Go to sleep. You just need to sleep."

*the next day*

"Yeah, she needs to get outta the house. I think she's driving herself a little crazy." I say to Luke over the phone. "Yeah I've got the kids covered. I'll be by in ten." "Ok just to warn you Cassie has been fussy the last couple days." "What's wrong with her?" "She's sick." Just then she gets out of the shower and I get off the phone. "Hey baby, Luke is gonna babysit for us. You need a day out." "I don't know. What with Cassie not feeling well." "She's fine. Luke's gonna keep an eye on her. Darlin' you need this." "Oh okay. You're so convincing. What do you have planned?" She smiles. "It's a surprise." I reply, kissing her. She gets ready and Luke gets here. "Thanks man, this is a big help." "Sure dude. Have a good time."

*30 minutes later*

Luke's pov

Cassie sleeps on the couch. Her face flushed and red. Maybe I should take her to the doctor. I text Jason about it to tell him. Then I get her to the doctor's office. They call her back and the fussy one year old doesn't wanna sit still so I hold her and bounce her while I wait. The doctor comes back. "She's got a slight stomach bug. But she'll be fine. Here's some antibiotics for her and she should be better in a day or two." "Thanks doc." I get her back home and get her medicine in her. A few hours later, Jason and Miranda come home. "Hey Jason, she's gonna be fine. I too her to the doctor." "Oh thanks." She's asleep on the couch. "Dude you're a life saver."

Jason's pov

I lay Cassie in her bed. She's sleeping soundly. "Oh thank goodness, she's okay." Miranda whispers. I smile and kiss her. "Yeah she'll be fine. So no more worrying." "You got that right." We go to bed now knowing our little girl is gonna be fine.