Jason vs DVD

Miranda's pov

Kasi gushes over her adorable niece. "I wish I could be here every day." She mumbles, sighing. "We all do." I say sadly. I miss seeing her everyday. "How's Jason doing?" She asks. "He's getting by." I mumble.

Jason's pov

I wonder what the girls are talking about right now. Just then the door opens, Cassie stumbles in. Where's Miranda? She walks in a few seconds later. I wave. "Hey babe, how was it?" I ask, my hands in my pockets. Cassie walks over, wanting me to pick her up. So I do. "She loves little Cassie." She says, sitting beside me. Cassie sits on my lap, her head against my chest, falling asleep. I smile and pick her up. She moves around a little but doesn't wake up. I lay her down in her crib. "Pretty soon, she's gonna need a bed." Miranda says, standing in the doorway. "Why do kids grow up too fast?" I mutter annoyed. She hugs me from behind, her head against my back. I smile and turn around, hugging her tight. "I miss Kasi so much." She whispers. "I do too, hun." We go to our room. She takes her make up off while talking. "I wonder how she can do that." She mumbles. "I don't know hun but I'm glad she can. Why do you wear that crap? You don't need it." She smiles, looking at me through the mirror on our dresser. "You look beautiful without it." I get off the bed, wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her neck. She giggles and turns around. "I love you, Jay." She says, kissing me on the lips. I sit back on the bed, her on my lap. "I love you too baby girl."

*the next day*

When I wake up, she's already awake. I go downstairs where she's putting a movie in the DVD player. "Hey Jason, don't you have to go to the studio?" She asks. "I don't think so." I mutter, scratching my chest. Then the theme song to Frozen, the movie I despise comes on. My eyes go wide. "No way!" I gape. She laughs. "Oh come on, they love it." She says. "On second thought, I think I will go to the studio." I mutter, rubbing my eyes annoyed. She laughs. "You gonna run away?" She teases. I laugh and nod. "See ya later baby." I say, grabbing my hat and keys. I get down to the studio where Mike is on the phone. I wave. "Hey Jay, how ya doing?" He asks. I know he's talking about Kasi. "It's been a year but it feels like a day." I mumble, missing her more. He pats my back. "Ya think some singin' will help?" He asks. I smile and nod. "I am not going home while the kids are watching that movie I despise." He laughs. I get in the studio and record a few new songs.

Miranda's pov

The door flies open, making me jump. He, Luke, and Brantley walk in, drunk and singing hell of an amen. I laugh and roll my eyes. "Hush! There's a sleeping baby upstairs!" I shout over the noise. They don't really listen. "Whoever wakes her, has her!" I gripe. They all look at each other and quiet down. "Good." I mutter, going back to my magazine. Henry and Daniel are playing checkers. Luke walks into the kitchen. "Hey Jay, where's your beer?" He calls. Jason looks at me with a smirk. "Sorry man, Guiness only household." He calls back and laughs. I roll my eyes. "Why does getting drunk make you so stupid?" He just laughs again. "Luke, the mini fridge!" I tell him, "Ya better not touch my guiness!" I hear him laugh again. Brantley sits on the floor, dozing off. Boys. Ugh. They're so frustrating. Jason sits beside me, wrapping an arm around me and kissing my neck and shoulder. "Jason, the kids. Stop it." I hiss. But he doesn't stop. I try to contain a moan. "Don't fight your feelin's baby." He whispers, kissing me more. "Boys go play in your room." Jason says. They leave. Luke is in the kitchen. Brantley's asleep on the floor. "You sober up first." I mutter, turning back to my magazine. He runs a hand up my arm to my hand and slowly takes it out of my hand. I roll my eyes. "Gimme that." I gasp, pointing. He shakes his head. I stand up, smirking. "What ya doin' babe?" He asks. I walk over to the DVD player and click play. He shudders when Frozen comes on. "That song's gonna be stuck in my head." He grumbles, covering his ears. I laugh and turn it back off. He lowers his arms and my finger inches closer to the play button. "Don't you dare." He says. I move it closer. He jumps up. "Don't torture me baby." I laugh and drop my hand to my side. He smiles.

*the next day*

Jason's pov

"Pull." I order, pointing my rifle. The disk shoots into the air and I shoot it. I laugh and high five Luke. "Never again will I hear do ya wanna build a damn snowman." I mutter. He laughs. "I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that." "Shut up." I get home. "Hey dad, have you seen Frozen? I can't find it." Daniel asks, looking for it. I shrug and go into the kitchen. Miranda stands in the kitchen with her hands on her hips and an annoyed stare on her face. Uh oh. "Where is it?" "Where's what?" "Oh don't play dumb!" "I don't know what you're talking about!" I lie, trying not to laugh. "Where's the movie?" I sigh and hold her hands. "I let it go." I joke. She laughs. "You're a dumbass." She mutters. I kiss her. "I may be but I'm your dumbass and am so glad to be." I kiss her again. "Found it!" Danny shouts. "What?!" I cry, spinning around. I hear the theme song and groan in annoyance. "Really?" I grumble, frustrated. She laughs. "Oh well. Looks like the movie's here to stay." She says, shrugging. "Me and that movie are at war. Round two. I'll get rid of it someday." I grumble, glaring at the doorway. "Keep tellin' yourself that." She says, rolling her eyes. I laugh and watch that hot little cowgirl walk out.