moving forward

Miranda's pov

We're laying in the back of Jason's pick up, holding hands and looking at the stars. "Ya don't get this in the city." He says. "I am never going back to the city." I say, closing my eyes. It's so beautiful and calm and peaceful out here. "There's no place I'd rather be." I whisper, scooting closer to him to where my head is on his chest. He kisses my head. "Oh here's some news Tully apologized for the way he's been acting." He says. "Oh really, my brother apologizing?! I don't believe it." I say, laughing. He laughs too and puts a hand on my hair, the other around my back. "He texted me anyway." He continues. I roll my eyes. Of course, it wasn't a real apology if it was through a text. We still have to go see my dad in a few hours and I really am dreading it. Luckily Jason's good at making people like him. It's not that I care if my dad approves of who I date. It's just I already have enough grief from Tully and now mom's being an annoying fangirl.

*a couple hours later*

We pull up at the prison gates. "I hate my parents." I mumble under my breath. He rubs my back as we get through security. They try to tell him to leave his pistol. "I'm only leavin' this pistol if ya pry it from my cold dead fingers." He snaps. They let him keep it and he tucks it back in the waistband of his jeans. "Ready for this darlin'." He asks. I nod and we head to the place my dad's being held for visiting hours. He smiles when he sees me walk in. "Hey princess, how's daddy's little girl?" He asks. "Not so little anymore." I mutter forcing a smile. We both sit down across from my dad. Jason holds my hand protectively. "And what's your name?" He asks. "Uh, Jason. I'm her boyfriend." He says, sounding nervous. He reaches over to shake his hand but then he remembers the handcuffs. "So why did you want me to come here?" I ask, wanting to get to the point. He sighs. "I just wanted to see you. Let's talk about the time I've missed." He says. Yeah by being in jail. "So how long have you known my daughter?" He asks Jason who looks over at me. "Um, how long has it been now honey, I think 4 months. Actually I knew Tully before I even met her and I didn't even know he had a hot little sister." He says,squeezing my leg under the table. My dad smiles. He can tell how happy I am. I'm really glad actually. "How'd you meet?" He asks. "You wanna tell it this time?" Jason asks me. I shake my head and smile. "We were both in a bar. I just got done touring. She got done training. Some guy tried to rufee her guiness." My dad laughs a little when Jason talks about the guiness. "I warned her not to drink it. Nothin' happened until I came back and the jerk did it to her again, so I scared him away and I'd say the rest is history." "Hey tell him what ya did to convince me!" I say, trying not to laugh. "Oh what a fond memory that is darlin'. I sang her a song. She gave me a chance and I made her mine. She says she'll never fly away and she's my girl that's cause I showed her round a country boy's world." He says in a sing song voice, making me laugh. He smirks and puts an arm on my shoulder. We talk a little bit longer then finally leave. "Thank goodness that's over." I mumble, smiling up at him as we walk to his truck. "I love tellin' the story of how we met." "And I love it when ya tell it." I reply, kissing him. He puts his hand on my back deepening the kiss. Then we hear hollers from inmates watching us. "Disturbing." I mumble. "Screw 'em." He says, kissing me again. We get in his truck and drive away. "Your dad isn't that bad. What's he in jail for?" He asks. "Grand theft auto. He'll be getting out in a week." I say, leaning on his arm. "I wonder why he wanted us up there. He coulda seen us in a week." Jason says, confused. I shrug. "Who knows with parents. Their weird." I say. He chuckles. "You won't be weird when you're a parent." He says, winking at me. "Are you asking me what I think your asking me?" I ask with a smile. "I didn't ask anything baby." He says, looking away. "But if I was to ask you the question you believe I'm asking what would your answer be?" He asks. "I don't know, why don't you ask me first?" I say, flirtatiously. He smiles down at me and holds my hands in his. "Miranda, the last 4 months have been a dream come true. I feel like I've died and gone to redneck heaven. But baby, I'm ready to take this relationship to the next level if you are. I don't want you to just be naked in my bed but naked in my bed with a ring on your finger. I think it's time I made you mine permanently. Ya wanna get married?" He asks, getting down on one knee. I knew he was going to ask me but I still have tears in my eyes. I nod and he hugs me so tightly. "Ya wanna tell Tully?" He asks. I nod and we head to his house, the ring on my finger, him holding that hand with our fingers intertwined. Tully's standing in the front yard with Kasi. She looks over. "Oh hey Jason, what a nice surprise!" She gasps. Tully looks up. "Hey man, what's going on?" He asks. "Tully I need to talk to you." I say, nervously. "OK." He says, eyeing Jason suspiciously. We go in his house while Jason and Kasi stay outside. "If he got you pregnant, I'm gonna murder him." He growls. I smile. He sees my smile. "What's going on?" He asks. I move my hand showing off my ring. His eyes go wide in realization! "H-He proposed!? My baby sister is getting married to my best friend!" He gasps. He hugs me. "Oh Miranda I'm so happy for you." He says.

Jason's pov

I guess I better tell my sister. "Hey Kasi, I'm getting married." I say. She looks at me, thinking I'm kidding. "Wait you're serious?!" She cries. "I am, to the hot little number inside." I say. "Oh my gosh Jason that's incredible!!" She gasps, hugging me.

Miranda's pov

I'm surprised he took it so easy. "He's not just doing this because he got you pregnant is he?" He asks. I try not to laugh. "Tully, I'm not pregnant!" I say. Then I think about it for a second. I haven't had my time of the month in a while. My hands start to sweat. What if I am pregnant?! I finish talking to Tully and run out to my fiancé. I grab his hand and run to the truck. "Honey what's the rush?!" He gapes, confused. "We have to talk!" I cry, very worried. He senses my fear and quickly falls into step beside me. "What's wrong?" He asks. We get in his truck. "I might be pregnant." I say. His eyes get really big. "Babe, that's a good thing! We can start a family!" He says. "No it's not! I can't go to the Olympics pregnant!!" I cry. "The Olympics aren't for another 2 years, you'll be fine by then." He says gently. "Are you sure?" I ask, a tear slipping down my cheek. "I'm positive, baby." He says, hugging me tight. "Are we 100% sure?" He asks. I shake my head. "We better make a doctors appointment then." I nod.

*a couple days later*

Jason holds my hand worried what the doctor will say. He walks in carrying a few papers. He has no emotion. I don't know if he's got good news or bad news. He looks at both of us. "Mr. And Mrs. Aldean you are........"