An unexpected phenomenon

Jason's pov

We get home since the tour is done and I drop my guitar case in surprise when I see a bunch of my friends and everyone from buck commander along with my mom and they're all holding a congratulations banner. "Word spreads fast here." I mumble to Miranda. She laughs and nods. The girls do a makeshift baby shower while us guys goof around. "If you have another boy, we're getting this one into hunting." Willie says. "Hey Danny will be a hunter. Miranda just wants to wait til he's a little older." I say, quickly. They laugh. Just then Danny walks over. "Hey bud, you're supposed to be in bed." "Uh dad, we need to talk." He mumbles, red faced. Uh... Ok. "What's wrong?" I ask, walking with him to his room. He stares at the ground unanswering and when I turn on the light I see the problem. He wet the bed. "Oh son, it's okay. I'll get this taken care of. And your mama and brother ain't gotta know." I say. He smiles. "Thanks dad." I change his bedsheets as he changes his pajamas. I throw it all in the wash then go back to the living room. "Hey honey, we don't have to worry about baby stuff." Miranda says. "And why is that?" I ask, walking into the kitchen. My jaw drops in surprise at the mountain of baby stuff on the table. Most of whom being pink. "How do we know we're having a girl?" I ask. "We don't." She says, shrugging. "Just a gut feeling." I smile and walk over to her, putting my hands on her shoulders.

*one week later*

We go to the doctor's for her appointment. She does the usual stuff and a look of confusion and worry cross her face, worrying the heck out of me. "Is everything ok doc?" I ask, holding Miranda's hand. She stares at the doctor waiting. "I uh yeah everything's fine. I've just never seen this before." "Seen what?" "Your baby is already 32 weeks! Didn't you say you just found out you were pregnant?" We stare at the doctor shocked. "Yeah we just found out like last week!" Miranda says, confused. "Well the baby is already full grown and come to term." She says, sitting down. "She's perfectly healthy though even with this bizarre phenomenon." She continues. "Wait you said she?" I gasp. "Yes. She." "Ya hear that baby, we're gonna have a daughter." Tears are in her eyes as I help her up and she lowers her shirt. We're driving home and she's staring at her hands in shocked confusion. "Jason, I think I know why she's already full grown." She whispers, finally looking up. "How?" "It's the baby we lost." But how is that possible?! "How is that hun?" "I don't know but it makes sense. If I didn't lose the baby, this is how far I'd be." It makes sense. I just don't know how it's possible. Just then Brantley's song that was us comes on the radio. I smile and hold her hand. I can't wait for our baby daughter to get here.

*a few weeks later*

I'm awoken to a loud scream. I know that means the baby's coming. Luckily mom's been staying over here so she's gonna stay with the kids while we go to the hospital. "I've got ya baby." I gasp, helping her to my truck. I call Tully to tell him. "Dude, she's gone into labor. Meet us at the hospital." But a girl's voice replies. And it isn't Kasi's voice. "Who?" "What are you doing with my phone?" I hear Tully in the background. He takes the phone. "Hello?" "Who was that?" He gets nervous for some reason. "Uh that's nobody man. What's up?" I'm suspicious but I'll talk to him later about it. "Miranda went into labor. Meet us at the hospital." I repeat. "Jason, hurry!" She cries. I gun the engine and get to the hospital. Five minutes later so does Tully. I know the girl wasn't Kasi because she went to visit some high school friends of hers back in Macon. Rachel and Kurt arrive about five seconds later. I wave to them and rush back to her room. Sweat pours down her face and tears come out of her eyes. "Oh my God!!!" She yells, closing her eyes tight. I grip her hand. "It's okay baby. Deep breaths. Look at me honey." I gasp. "Deep breaths. You can do this." She shakes her head. "No, no I can't! It hurts!" She whimpers. "Yes you can hun, calm down." "Mrs. Aldean, you have to push. Come on!" The doctor says. She screams again in pain then I hear someone else screaming. She freezes. "Is that...." I smile. "Yeah baby that's our little girl." She starts crying in relief. "Thank God." She whimpers. I hug her. "You did great hun."

*later*

I go back out to the waiting room by now Luke and Caroline have showed up too. Bo is asleep in Caroline's lap. "The baby's healthy and in the nursery." I say. I find Tully in the crowd of my friends. "Tully you and I need to talk."

Ooh what do you think is gonna happen? Who do you think the girl is? What are they gonna talk about? So much going on!!