A rescue

Jason's pov

I hear a truck pull into the drive. She looks out the window and her eyes go wide. She reaches under her bed and comes back with a syringe! "Whoa! Wait what is that?!" I cry. "A sedative to keep you quiet." She says. "You can't do this to me!" She stabs the needle into my arm anyway. Crap! Just when I thought I'd get rescued! How can I call for help if I'm unconscious. My eyelids get heavy. Crud, I'm losing consciousness.

Miranda's pov

Tully squeezes my shoulder reassuringly as mom opens the door. "Have you seen Jason? He went missing and I have no idea where he is or what happened to him!" I cry, quickly. "Oh, uh, no idea." She says, inviting me in. Take a deep breath. Listen for anything out of the ordinary. "And you're sure he's not here?" Tully asks crossing his arms. She shakes her head. Tully gives me a look. Neither of us believe her. He nods his head, meaning go look, I'll distract. I say I have to use the bathroom then I whisper call him while searching.

Jason's pov

I'm barely able to keep my eyes open. I hear someone call my name. "Baby?" I mumble, lifting my head up. I hear it louder and it is! It's my wife! "Baby!" I call. The door opens. Thank God! "How'd this happen?" She cries, running over, my pocketknife in her hand. "I have no clue." I mumble as she saws at the ropes, my arms and legs tingly from lack of use. "Your mom sedated me. I don't know how much longer til I'm unconscious." I say. "Baby, don't talk like that. We'll get you out of here. Tully is here too. He's probably already called the rest of the band." But that's all I hear before I lose consciousness.

Miranda's pov

"Jason?" I gasp but he's unconscious. I finally get through the ropes and he slumps in the seat. "Tully! I found him and I need your help!" I shout. I hear mom scream in anger. "Jason, please wake up. You have to!" I cry, terrified. I drag him to the bed. Tully appears in the doorway. Tears fall from my eyes. "He's gonna be okay." Tully assures me. He sits down beside him and grabs his shoulders shaking him. But nothing. He's still unconscious. He sighs. "He's gonna hate me for this." He says. "What?" I gape, confused. He puts headphones in his ears and plays something that sounds like Justin Beiber. He closes his eyes tight. "Tully, get these out of my damn ears before I wring your neck!" He grumbles, opening his eyes. Tully chuckles and takes them out. "What was that?" I ask. "Justin Beiber." Tully says. "I hate his music. He used to mess with me on tour when I was sleeping, he'd put it in my ears." Jason mutters irritated. "Your mom is nuts!" I nod and he stands up. "Let's get the hell outta here!" Tully says. "Don't ever make me listen to Justin Beiber again." He gripes. I hear the cock of a shotgun. Mom stands in the doorway.

Jason's pov

She points the shotgun at me. "If I can't have him, no one can!" She shouts, a finger on the trigger. Rich is behind her sneaking up. I don't let on of course. He covers her face with a burlap sack, completely catching her off guard and she accidentally shoots it, hitting me in the side! Tully holds me up. Miranda calls an ambulance. "Hurry up!" Rich gasps, struggling to hold her. We run passed but I stop. She's still got a gun and my drummer. I'm not taking the chance. I grab the gun in Tully's holster. I rest one hand on the wall while pointing the gun. "Sorry baby." "Jason! No don't!" She cries, but Tully holds her back. I glance back at her. Tully stares at the floor sadly. "Do it." He says. I nod and pull the trigger. Rich lets go and she slumps to the ground. "Y-You killed my mom!" She whimpers. I hope she doesn't hate me. "I'm sorry baby I had to." I say, dropping the gun. She stares at the body in horror. I stumble over as she collapses in tears. I hug her tight. "I'm so sorry." I whisper. She sobs loudly on my shoulder. Just then I hear Danny's tiny voice. "Do not let him come in here." I order. Tully rushes from the room and takes care of him. Miranda wraps her arms around my neck, crying uncontrollably. We stay like that until the medics get there. The adrenaline has long since worn out and my side is killing me. I try to stand back up but I can't. They help me into the ambulance and she sits beside me. "You don't hate me do ya?" "No of course not. She was too far gone." She whispers. I don't know if she's gonna be okay after this experience. The ambulance hits a bump, causing pain to course through me. "I press a hand to my bleeding side but a doctor moves it to work on it. "Miranda, I'm so sorry. I wish I didn't-" "let's just not talk about it." She says, holding a hand up to silence me. I'm so worried about her.

*later*

When I wake up, I see Rich sitting in a chair beside my bed. "Rich, you kicked ass back there." He smiles. "How's your side?" "I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt. Where's Miranda?" "They had to check her in to the psych ward." The psych ward?! I sit up, painfully. "I've gotta get to her!" "You can't!" "Try and stop me." He doesn't make a move to. "Didn't think so." I mutter, walking out. As soon as I'm in the waiting room Tully and Danny run over. "Hey buddy." I say, holding my son. "Where's Miranda?" I ask Tully. He walks me to her room. She's gone! There's a note. "Jason, went for a run. You know where, meet me there." Of course I do. The old abandoned school's track field. I hand Danny back to Tully. "Where are you going?" He gasps. "To save my girl." I say, walking out.