Nothing to be thanlful for

Miranda's pov

While Danny and the twins eat, the adults sit in the living room watching a bulldogs game. "Hey Jason, could you come out here a second?" Tully calls. He raises a brow confused. "I guess so." He mumbles, shrugging. He pats my leg and walks out.

Jason's pov

"What is it man?" I ask, closing the door. The wind pulls at my clothes. "Look." He says, pointing a shaky hand out into the farm. I look out there and fall back in shock. A tornado! "Why are we just standing here?!" I cry, throwing the door open. "We have a problem." I say, instantly. "What's wrong Jay?" My wife asks, standing up. My fear causes my hands to shake. I grab her hands. "There's a tornado outside and it's heading this way." I say, swallowing my fear. Mom stands up quickly. "Tully! Come back inside!" She cries. He does and grips Kasi's hand. "What do we do?" Miranda whimpers. I hold her in my arms. "Don't worry. I'll keep you safe." I say, hugging her. "The basement." Dad says. Suddenly the power goes out. I run to help the kids. I use my phone as a flashlight. "Boys!" I call. They're hiding under the table. "Come on, we have to go into the basement." They come out and everyone else was already heading down to the basement. Kasi takes the twins and I pick Danny up and clasp Miranda's hand. "We'll be okay." I say. She nods and we walk down the stairs. I close the door behind us. We sit on the couches in the basement as we wait out the storm. "Are we gonna die, daddy?" Ben whimpers. Tully hugs him. "Of course not. This storm will pass. We'll be safe." He says, hugging him. Danny sits in my lap, shaking. "It's okay bud, no need to worry." The house starts to shake. Danny whimpers and I hug him to my chest. "It's okay. Just think about something else." "So much for a happy Thanksgiving." Dad mutters. Mom shushes him. There's young kids terrified right now. He doesn't need to make it worse. Tully stands by the window. "Tully! What are you doing man!? That is the least thing you're supposed to do!" I gasp, handing Danny to Miranda and walking to him. "Tully get away from the window." "This is a big ass tornado." He mutters. I hold his shoulders. "Come on." He reluctantly turns away. I hear a ripping. Oh. My. God! Part of the house has been ripped away and I can feel the wind tearing at me. I pull Tully away and pull Miranda to her feet. She still holds Danny and I grab her hand. The wind is blasting in my ears and I can't hear anything. I hold her tight, leaning against the opposite wall as the wind tears at my clothes. I hear a scream and open my eyes. The tornado has pulled Kasi into the air!! "Nooooo!" I run forward. Tully barely has a grip on her hands. "Baby, don't let go!" She cries. "Kasi!!!" I cry, jumping on the couch and into the air to pull her down. We both hit the ground hard, knocking the breath from my lungs. "We have to go somewhere else!" Mom cries. I can feel my feet giving out from under me. Shit!

Miranda's pov

"Hold onto Danny!!" I look up terrified as the tornado yanks Jason out of the house!!! "JASON!!!" I scream, horrified. I run forward but Tully holds me back. "NO! JASON!" I screech falling to my knees.

*several hours later*

The wind starts to dissipate. "No! Let go of me!" I whimper, pulling free. I run outside calling Jason's name.

Jason's pov

I can't move. I'm surprised I'm still alive. I try to sit up, my whole body trembling and hurting. I scream in pain when I fall back down. "I've got to get up." I whisper, reaching for a fallen tree branch.

Miranda's pov

I run faster than I've ever run before, all while screaming Jason's name. "Where are you?!" I cry, hitting my knees, having trouble breathing. I force myself up, looking around. At the treeline, I see a figure limping. I run over. He's got a piece of wood implanted in his side. He falls to his knees and I hit mine beside him. He lays on his back barely conscious. "Baby, is Danny-" "yeah they're all okay. Oh man, you're bleeding!" I whimper. He forcefully opens his eyes, lifting a shaky hand to my cheek. The other hand rests against his throbbing side. "Jason, stay awake. You have to stay awake!" I whimper, putting a hand over his. "I-I can't." He whispers, breathing hard. "Don't leave me! Keep your eyes open!" I cry desperately. He opens them again. "I'm sorry baby." He says, wheezing. I kiss him and his hand falls to his side. "I love you." He whispers, closing his eyes. "I love you too." I whimper, wiping the tears from his cheek and kissing him again. "Jason!" He doesn't respond. "Jason! Wake up! Please wake up!" I scream. But he still doesn't respond.