Worries, convincement, and a new song

Jason's pov

I come offstage and am surprised to see Miranda crying. I set my guitar down and rush over, worried. "Sweetheart what's wrong?" "I'm so scared Jason, what if something bad happens?" She whimpers, covering her eyes with her hands. I pull her hands down. "Hun, nothing is gonna happen. I'll keep you safe." "You can't keep me safe from complications with the baby." "Gosh darlin', nothin's gonna happen to the baby. You're fine." "I'm just so scared Jason. After what happened last time." I hug her tightly. "Last time won't happen. It won't baby don't worry." She calms down a little bit later. "Hey how about we Skype the kids. That should make ya feel better." She smiles and nods. "Yeah, I'd love that." We get back to the bus where Tully and Kasi were getting down and dirty on the couch. I cover her eyes, knowing she wouldn't want to see this. "Jeez Tully privately man!" "Please tell me that ain't who I think it is?" Miranda whimpers. "It's nobody baby. Just keep your eyes closed." I pull her back to the other room and collapse onto the bed. That was disturbing. "I'm just gonna pretend that never happened!" I grumble, covering my eyes. She grabs the laptop and starts a Skype, laying her head on my arm. I let out a deep sigh, trying to unsee what I just saw. Seconds later, Henry comes onscreen. I smile. "Hey mom, hey dad." He says. "Hey Henry, how's it going back home?" "Great. We were watching the Grinch stole Christmas and little Danny got all tuckered out." He says, glancing down at the couch. He turns the computer to where we can see Danny asleep with his thumb in his belt loop. I smile. "Just like his daddy." She says. I sometimes do that in my sleep if I fall asleep wearing jeans. "He's my little man." I say. "How's the tour?" Henry asks. "Great. We've uh got some big news. Where's Grandma?" She asks. He hollers for my mom who's been babysitting while we're on tour. My mom appears in the kitchen doorway, a dishrag in her hand. "Henry what'd I tell you about yellin' in the house?" She snaps with such southern drawl, it makes me miss home. "Gosh mama, that southern accent is so thick you could cut it with a knife." I joke. "Jason?" She sits beside Henry. "Hey son, tour going good?" "Great ma. You still got the uh baby stuff for us?" I ask. Her eyes go wide and I know she knows. "Wait a sec? You're having another baby?" Henry gapes. She smiles and grips my hand tight. "Yeah son we are." I say. My girl snuggles up close to me. "We'll see you guys in a few weeks." She says, ending the Skype. "I knew that would make you feel better." I say, kissing her forehead. "Yeah, I'm not sure what I was so worried about." I hold her in my arms. A new song in my head.

*the next day*

Miranda's pov

He turns back to the band. "I'm gonna let the guys take a break for a minute. I came up with this song last night. I was thinkin' about my girl." Jason says, catching me off guard. I look his way from sidestage. He's strumming his guitar to a new tune. "There's a want and there's a need. There's a history between girls like her and guys like me.... Cowboys and angels. I've got boots and she's got wings. I'm hell on wheels and she's heavenly. I'd die for her and she lives for me..... Cowboys and angels. We ride side by side. A cloud of dust a ray of light. My touch is her temptation, her kiss is my salvation. She's sweet I'm wild we're dangerous..... Cowboys and angels. Not sure why her path crossed mine, accident or grand design. Maybe God just kinda likes.... Cowboys and angels." Tears spring to my eyes. Kasi smiles and pushes me forward. "Go get your man." She says. I race out onstage wiping my eyes. I throw my arms around his neck and he falls over in surprise. "Whoa hey baby, you caught me off guard." He says, wrapping an arm around my waist. The other holds him up. I smile and kiss him. "Oh my gosh Jason that song is beautiful." "Well you're my inspiration you beautiful angel." He says, kissing me again, a long hot kiss that leaves me breathless. "I love you cowboy." I whisper, tears coming to my eyes again. We stand back up. He stares at the roaring crowd. "My wife everybody!" He shouts. They cheer more. "We ride side by side! A cloud of dust a ray of light. My touch is her temptation, her kiss is my salvation she's sweet I'm wild we're dangerous! Cowboys and Angels!" He sings again. "I love you baby." He says, dropping the mic and resting his hand on my stomach. "I love you. And I'm not worried. What could go wrong?" I whisper, kissing him.