Memory lane up in the headlights

Jason's pov

I go to our bedroom to check on her and she's looking through an old scrapbook. I look closer and realize it's the one her and Kasi put together of our lives. We were such a close knit family but now that's been ripped apart. I sit beside her and hold her hand as a tear rolls down her face. She smiles and points to a picture from our wedding day. "That was one of my favorite days." She whispers. Mine too.

~flashback~

I stand on the altar waiting. Tully smiles and gives me a thumbs up. I see the doors open and my heart nearly pounds out of my chest seeing my five months pregnant absolutely perfect beautiful fiancé. Her dress was covered in beads and she looked incredible. I was stuttering when she got up here. Tully elbowed me in the gut to get me talking again. I smiled and grabbed her hands. Tully hands me the vows but I memorized them and don't need the paper. I look into her beautiful eyes. "Every day I wake up and see you beside me proves life is a gift. When I get to hold your hand, kiss you, and call you baby, it makes my heart soar. I've never been more happy to do anything. I could lose everything in my life and still have you and our soon to be baby boy and I'd be just fine because home is where the heart is and you are where this cowboy has given his heart." I take my hat off, tears in my eyes as well as hers. Kasi hands her her vows. "Jason, when I first met you I thought you were a hopeless flirt. You quickly showed me you are that and so much more. You're generous, thoughtful, loving, compassionate, you care about others more than yourself. I don't think I'd be the same person. I'd still be that uptight schedule girl making sure she trains hard. As Tully likes to say. You loosened me up Mr. Aldean and the sooner that's my last name the happier this city girl turned country girl will be. You're the greatest thing to ever come into my life." The paper falls from her hand, her hands move to my neck, mine to her hips. "Then by the power invested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." I grip her waist tightly my hands on her back. I dip her gladly, her hands around my neck. "You'll never fly away now baby girl." "Thanks for showing me around a country boy's world." I smile. "Thanks for fallin' in love." I kiss her passionately and we're both breathless. Tully pats my back as the whole congregation claps. "Welcome to the family?" I ask, looking at him. "No, you were already in the family cowboy." He says, hugging me.

~flashback over~

I wrap my arm around her back. Tears falling from my eyes, seeing Kasi in the background of that picture. Man, I don't know what we're gonna do. She turns the page and a smile comes to my face. A picture of when I was in the hospital after the tornado.

~flashback~

Kasi holds the camera. "Girl, I'm in no condition to get my picture taken!" I snap. "Well suck it up buttercup, cause it's happenin'!" She gripes. Miranda laughs and holds my hand. I sit up, wincing from the pain. "Okay, smile don't make me get the squeaky toys!" I bust out laughing at that comment and she snaps the picture. "Perfect." She says, looking at it. "You suck, Kasi." I grumble, glaring at her jokingly. She sticks her tongue out at me. "Oh cry me a river cowboy, go back to making love with your crazy chick of a wife!" She taunts. My face gets hot. "Girl, you're gonna get a knuckle sandwich." Miranda jokingly says, raising her fists. Kasi pats her head and I grab my girl's hands. "She's right." I say. Kasi quickly exits the room.

~flashback over~

I lay back on the bed. "What was your favorite memory with Kasi?" I ask. She smiles and let's out a soft sigh. "Definitely the bachelorette party." She explains the story.

~flashback~

Miranda's pov

Since I'm pregnant, I can't drink so Kasi, Carrie, Caroline, Amber (Brantley's wife) all go to a male strip club. I keep my eyes covered because I hate this kinda thing. After too long, Kasi walks over asking me what's wrong? I tell her I don't like this kinda thing and she looks at the other girls, a sly smile on her face. "Let's ditch." She whispers. She grabs my hand and we run out and just have a blast. I eat 3 bags of twizzlers which was my latest craving. She got wasted and started singing Cole Swindell's brought to you by beer. I love the song so I sang along. "Everybody's workin' out doin' 12 ounce curls, boys buzzin' hung up on all the country girls, fishin' for the line that'll kick her heart into gear." She clinks her beer with my bottle of water and we laugh hysterically about the dumbest things.

~flashback over~

Jason's pov

A tear falls and lands on the picture. I sit back up and wrap my arms around her. "Thanks." She whispers. "Thanks? For what?" I ask. "Being the best husband ever." She says, looking me in the eyes. I brush her bangs. "I couldn't ask for a better wife." I whisper, kissing her. The scrapbook, falling from her lap. It lands on the picture of Kasi holding Miranda's Olympic trophy. Miranda behind her and both girls having the time of their lives. My happy carefree sister with my used to be uptight wife. They were partners in crime. Now one is throwing down in the sky while the other is having one hell of a time, drifting down memory lane.