overprotective big brother

Jason's pov

"Oh man that was scary." She says. "Told ya that place was haunted." I reply, resting my hand on her leg, wanting to calm her down. She smiles. "It sure was an adrenaline rush." She says. I'm glad. She isn't totally freaked out. "Ya wanna go back?" She asks, astonishing me. "I thought you were scared!" I gasp. "Fear is a figment of your imagination. You just have to not be scared." She says, resting a hand over mine which is still on her leg.

*the next night*

We're heading to the gig I have tonight. Tully asks me to go in the other room so we can talk privately. Uh oh, I bet it has something to do with Miranda. He closes the door behind us. "What's this about bro?" I ask, nervously. "I just have one question. Are you sleeping with my sister?" He asks. "Uh, define sleeping because we sleep in the same bed together on occasions but we haven't gotten deeper than that." I choke out. He takes a deep breath. "Why do you ask?" I ask. He glares at me. "Come on man, that's my sister, it's really weird to think about." He says. "Well then don't think about it. Just cause we haven't, doesn't mean we ain't." I say. Man if looks could kill, I'd be dead. "If you do so help me God!" He growls. "You don't control her." I reply walking out. I find her as usual with a guiness in her hand. "Hey baby." I say, walking over. She smiles and stands up. We share a quick kiss. "Love you babe." I say. "Love you too." She says, kissing me again. I've got to go onstage. I steal another quick kiss before Tully pulls me to stage. I grab my guitar and get on stage! "Whadd up!" I call, revving the crowd. "I gotta say it's great to be home. Let me hear you Macon!" I shout loudly. The fans scream. "Aw come on louder. Are y'all ready for this shit!!" I shout. The fans yell even louder. "Oh what ya got!" I start singing hicktown while walking around on the stage but damn Tully sticks his foot out trying to trip me. He's about pushed me too far. The only reason I haven't is cause 1 I'm onstage and 2 that's my girlfriend's brother. I shoot him a death glare then walk to the edge of the stage, holding the mic out for the fans to yell, "In a hicktown!" "We hear folks in the city party in martini bars and they like to show off in their fancy foreign cars, but out here in the boondocks we buy beer at Amaco and crank our Crayco speakers with that country radio." I get back to the chorus. The crowds going wild. I smirk and hide my face from the crowd. "Aw, we ain't finished yet." The crowd cheers some more. "We got them country boys and your redneck girls. It's a party heard round the world, right here in hicktown, aw the whole town's gettin' down." I look behind me at the band. "Johnny Cash?" I ask. Rich nods. "How many Johnny Cash fans we got in here tonight?" I ask. We get into that. Luckily throughout the rest of the show, Tully hasn't tried to mess with me. I walk backstage. She hugs me. "Careful baby, I'm sweaty." I say, putting my hands on her hips.

Tully's pov

I know where you should be getting sweaty." She flirts with him. My jaw nearly drops. "Oh honey, I thought you'd never ask." He says, picking her up. She wraps her legs around his waist and they kiss like crazy. It's just so freaky. I can't do this anymore. I set my bass down and stomp over there to her. I grab her arm, pulling her away from him. "What the hell!?" She shouts. "Let her go, man, ya said it yourself you ain't in charge of us!" He growls, angrily. I turn my furious stare on him. I stomp over to him, our faces inches apart. "Well, you crossed the line when you were plannin' on having sex with my sister." I snarl. "Tully, you are this close to makin' me snap!" He growls. "Whatever." I mutter, walking off with her in tow. "Let go of me this instant!" She screams. She bites me!

Jason's pov

She runs back to me about ready to lay Tully flat just as much as I am. "Get over it Tully. She's not the little girl who listens to her big brother anymore." I shout to him. She nods and holds my hand. "Let's go, honey." She says. "My pleasure." I reply, walking right by him with her on my arm. He looks like he's about to blow a gasket.

*several hours later*

Tully's pov

I've got to stop him. I charge over to his house but his truck isn't in the driveway. Her place maybe? I drive over there as fast as I can. Sure enough his truck is in her driveway. "Oh man!" I cry, running to the door and baging on it really hard. A few minutes later, he answers wearing his boxers and a T-shirt. "Oh God please tell me you didn't!" I choke out. "You're too late." He says, smiling, "You wouldn't have stopped me either way." "I hate you!" I shout, grabbing him by the shoulders and throwing him out of the house!

Jason's pov

Oh crap! He's trying to fight me! "I'm not beating up my girlfriend's brother!" I shout. "You're dead!" He growls, running at me. His fist flies at my head and I duck and move further away. He punches me anyway and I fall back. I dig my heels in the dirt. "Tully, stop it. I'm not fighting you!" I shout. "Good, it'll make it a lot easier to kick your ass!" He yells, punching me in the face. I hit my tailgate, pain erupts in my lower back. "Stop hitting him!" Miranda screams from the doorway. I look that way and she's got my pistol. "Tully ya better stop your sister has a gun!" I cry. I wipe the blood from my busted lip. "Step away from the cowboy!" She yells, cocking it. "I'm not kidding man, she's got my pistol!" I shout. "She's never shot a gun before in her life!" He scoffs. "That's what happens when you aren't in her life. I taught her how to shoot!" I say. His hands start shaking in fury. He punches me in the face again. That's when I hear the gun go off but then I smash my head on the tailgate and fall to my knees unconscious.