Chillin', acting gigs, and first loves

Jason's pov

Danny is at baseball practice and Cassie is asleep so me and Miranda are just having a lazy afternoon, lounging on the couch, talking.

Miranda's pov

"When is practice over?" I ask, tossing a piece of popcorn in my mouth. "A few hours. We're good hun." He says. My head rests against his leg. He flips through the TV channels and I hear the familiar sound of Sweetwater. He sighs with a smirk, knowing I'm gonna make him keep it on until right before his death scene. I hate watching that. "We've got popcorn already." I say teasingly. "You should get more acting gigs. You look awesome in them." "Hm, singing and acting. I'll be the new Tim McGraw." He jokes. I roll my eyes. Cassie starts crying. "Aw the fun cut short back to reality." I mumble with a sigh. I stand up, heading for the stairs. "Hey, hun, I've got her. You relax." He makes me so happy. "Oh Jason, I love you." He hugs me. "I love you more. He goes upstairs and I collapse back to the couch and watch the movie. He was walking into the reverend's house where the sheriff is waiting for them with the dead bodies. The surprised look on his face when the sheriff asks him about the bodies just makes me bust out laughing. "Oh the cowboy get up definitely works on you hot stuff." I whisper watching him on TV. "Oh really now." I jump in surprise. He's smirking at me while holding Cassie over his shoulder. "Cassie's running a little bit of a fever." He says, his smile fading. "Uh oh. Like really bad or just sleep and she'll be fine?" I ask, standing up. "I'm not sure." I walk over. She coughs slightly. "Aw poor baby is sick." I mumble. "I'll get the children's Tylenol." He says, kissing my cheek and walking to the kitchen. He comes back with her meds and a bottle. After a few minutes, she's back asleep. "I'm too lazy to get up." I mutter laying my head on Jason's shoulder as he changes the channel again. His phone rings waking Cassie. I sigh and rock her some more while he answers his phone. "What's up, champ?" He asks. It's Danny. "Ok I'll be up there in ten." He hangs up. "What's up?" I ask, looking up at him as he stands up. "The coach's wife went into labor so practice was cancelled." He replies, putting his cowboy hat on. "See you soon baby girl." He says, kissing me then Cassie. Her tiny hand reaches up and grabs his hair. He laughs and pulls free.

Jason's pov

I get to the school. He's the only kid left and he's talking to a girl. Whoa! I watch them from my truck. Danny's cheeks are dark red. I think he likes this girl. Oh man my boy started early. At just ten years old. He had some dirt on his uniform so she brushed it away. He looks super nervous. Then shockingly she kisses him. His hands tense up at his sides. Wow. That kid takes after his old man. About fifteen minutes later, I honk my horn and he walks over. "Made a new friend, huh son?" I ask. He stares at her out the window. "Her name's Shelby. She's cool." He says. I smile and drive us home. I wonder how Miranda is gonna take this. Her little boy is becoming a man.