Jason's emotional side

Tully's pov

He sits driving in silence with a smile on his face. I'm still super confused. "Jason, what the hell is going on here?" I ask. "She had a dream then convinced me not to hate you. Man, I'm gonna be real with you." He says, parking the truck. "I love your sister. I really hate to see you so mad but I've been looking for someone like her for so long. I've never loved anybody as much as her. When she told me, she was carryin' my kid, the first thought in my head was 'Finally a kid and a wife. People I can call home.' But in the back of my mind I was wonderin' what you would think. I can't wait for us to get married but I don't want to go into this with you hating me. I want my best friend right there beside me while his baby sister walks down the aisle to be with the love of her life." That was the deepest stuff I've ever heard this stubborn, redneck idiot say. He smiles and looks over at me. "Tully, you're cryin'." He says pointing. I smile and wipe my eyes. "Ya better check yourself, you are too." I say. "I know." He says. "There's a reason I call you guys the most kickass band on the planet every night, you 3 are my closest friends and let's face it bro I'd be nowhere without you." He says, "I guess I'm wanting to say, will you be my best man at your sister's wedding?" I nod and hug him. We're driving back to my house. "And don't make fun of me,I ain't no wuss." He mutters, wiping at his eyes with his sleeve. "No, of course not bro, you're the bravest craziest and stupidest man I know." I joke. He smirks. "Stupid people are the funniest." He says. I roll my eyes and he punches my shoulder playfully. "You get ready for the biggest, funnest, craziest, most redneck wedding on the planet." He says, smiling and putting his truck in park in front of my house. He takes a calm deep breath and opens the door. My sister runs off the porch and throws herself into him, making him fall down. "You're one crazy chick ya know that?" He teases. She nods. "Yeah but I'm your crazy chick." She replies, kissing his cheek. "Aw the guiness girl." He says with a soft sigh as he lays on the ground. She rolls her eyes and looks down at him. That one look she gives him says it all. He smiles with his eyes closed. She jabs him in the side. He laughs. "Open your eyes." She orders. He does and they share a long kiss. The looks and the kisses make me think of me and Kasi. She sits crosslegged beside him while he lays on the ground. He's closed his eyes again. Then she starts whisper singing a song. He sits up. "I love you." He whispers, hugging her. I smile because for the first time I see a genuine worry free smile on my once so serious sister. Jason loosened her up. She's not so uptight anymore. Kasi comes out of the house. "What's my knucklehead of a brother doing this time?" She asks, holding my hand. I smile and stare at the two. They are completely oblivious of us standing right here. I glance down at her. "He's finally happy." I say, confidently. "I'm glad it's with my sister." She smiles and kisses my cheek.

Jason's pov

My life is perfect. My career is at the top of it's game. I'm going to have my first child with a woman I love so much and I've never been happier. I finally get off the ground, our finger intertwined. "Hey Tully, this will prove I ain't fuckin' around. I'd give up my voice just to be with her. I'd give it up in a heartbeat without a second thought." She grabs me by the shoulders and kisses me lovingly. "I'm glad you're marrying my sister. I know she'll be treated right." He says. She bursts into tears right then and there with relief. She is so happy. She dries her tears and pushes me against the truck where we make out. I pick her up, one leg on my hip. Her arms around my neck.

Tully's pov

He rubs her leg while they make out. It's getting really weird. Kasi heads back inside. I pull them apart. "If you're gonna do that, don't do it in my front yard." I say. He laughs. "What? Does it make you feel awkward?" He asks, teasing me. I nod. He just laughs again and pulls her back. "Let's head back to my place." He says. "Totally." She says and they get in the truck. "Oh and Tully," He says, rolling down the window, "Don't think about it." I know exactly what he means. I try not to laugh and I flip him off. "Have fun man, she's a wild child!" I call. He smirks. "That's just how I like it." He says, kissing her. He falls against the door and his hat falls out the window. I roll my eyes, walk over,and pick it up. "I'm proud of you." I say, handing it to him. "Thanks." He says, sitting back up normally, his hand on her leg. They drive away and I'm left with a smile on my face in the front yard.