don't miss it

Jason's pov

Me and Tully are drinking and hanging out at his house. The girls have the kids. "I'm really actually glad you married Miranda." He says. "Well, I'm glad you approve." I mutter, sarcastically. I still don't know how they can be so normal when I just killed their mom. I'm glad she's gone. She freaked me out. I get up and grab another beer. "Don't you think that's enough?" I spin around. Who was that?! It wasn't Tully because it was a girl's voice. And it isn't the first time I heard it. I heard it at the school too. "Hey Tully, I think I'm gonna head home." I call. "Sure." I get home and Danny hugs my legs. "Hey bud, where's your mama?" "In the kitchen. I've got a baseball game next Friday. You are coming right?" He asks. The last two games I missed from shows. "I'll try as hard as I can." I tell him. I walk into the kitchen. "Hey, sweetheart." I say, kissing her cheek. "I bet Daniel already told you about his game." She says. "Yeah, as soon as I walked in. I've been needing to talk to you about something." She sets down the spoon from making dinner. "Something bad?" "Well, I'm not sure. I've just been hearing weird voices." "What are you talking about?" I'm not good at explain this. "I'm not sure. Just forget I said anything." I mutter. "O..... K. So do you think you'll make it?" "I'll try. I don't know about the schedule. I haven't looked at it in a while."

Miranda's pov

He goes back out in the living room. What was he talking about? Hearing voices? Ugh, who knows. I finish dinner and we eat then I put Danny to bed. Jason sits on the couch, looking deep in thought. I place my hands on his shoulders and he jumps. I smirk. "Now what were you talking about earlier?" "Nothin' baby. Just forget about it." He says. I sit beside him. He turns on some baseball. "I checked the schedule." "Will you be able to make it?" "Yep, no shows." I smile and hug him. "Yay, Danny's gonna be so happy. He's really good just like his daddy." I say. He smiles.

*the following week*

Jason's pov

I'm about to head to Danny's game when Mike calls me in for a meeting about the next couple weeks touring!! Frustration!! "I can't. My son is playing a game and I promised I'd make it!" "Sorry! You have to come." He hangs up. I sigh. "I guess I better break it to him." I mutter as they come downstairs. "Ready?" "Actually, I just got called in to the studio. I can't make it!" She of course gets mad. "Go wait in the car." She tells Danny. I sigh. "Baby, you know I'd go if I could." "No, Jason. Is your stupid career more important than your son? Every time you've been too busy. You can reschedule it!" She shouts. "So now my career is stupid!! This is the only time they could meet with me!" "Whatever, get your priorities straight." She walks out. I head to the studio. I'm so mad. I'd much rather be at the game. Get my priorities straight. She's right. I'm going to the game. I don't say anything. I just walk out. I get to the place. "Am I too late to see him play?" I ask. She jumps in her seat. "Jason? What about the studio?" She asks, crossing her arms. I smile and hug her. "I had more important things to do." "Oh Jason, you're the best." We sit back down. Danny walks up to bat. "Go get 'em champ!" I call. He looks over and instantly cheers up. "Dad! You made it!" "Wouldn't miss it for the world!" I wave to him. "You did good honey." She says. "I just had to get my priorities straight." I whisper, kissing her.