Tully does care...... just maybe a little too much

Miranda's pov

It was just a warning shot to get him to leave Jason alone. It barely grazed his ear. His hand flies to it surprised. "You lost the power over my decisions years ago." I say, furious. Jason's been knocked out after hitting his head on the tailgate. I drop to my knees. "Jason, wake up!" I gasp, fearful. He groans in pain then sits up. "Ow, damn that hurt." He says. "Thank goodness you're all right." I cry, hugging him. "Careful babe, still sore." He says, wincing. "Sorry." I say, helping him up. I turn to my brother. "Tully you need to get one thing straight. I am not leaving Jason. Either get over it or run away again. I was getting pretty used to not having a brother. You have no business being in my love life." I yell.

Jason's pov

She stomps off to the house. He heads to his truck, looking so mad. I walk over, closing the door before he can get in. "Tully listen to me. Don't say a damn thing, just listen." I say. He crosses his arms and looks at me. "I love your sister. I will not hurt her. I'm trying not to get pissed off but you getting in our business is really pushing me to the breaking point. She's an adult. You are too. You need to start acting like it. I really don't want to lose my bassist but it's about to that point. Man you've known me for 10 years. Have you ever seen me hit a girl or cheat on one? I know ya haven't because I know I haven't done it. You know me. Please I'm asking as a friend let her go!" He looks completely stunned by the time I stop talking. He still looks pretty mad but not as mad. He doesn't say anything. He gets in his truck. "She may be a grown woman but she'll always be my baby sister." He says. "Ten years, Tully, you were out of her life for 10 years. She's stold me things that she hasn't told anyone else. You don't know how heartbroken she was when you didn't call her. Ten years is longer than ya think." He just stares out the windshield. "I-I've gotta go." He says, driving off. I walk back to the house. She's crying on the couch. "I hate him." She whispers. I sit beside her. "Honey, he's just upset that his little sister is growing up. Trust me I was the same way when Kasi started dating and now I'm best friends with her husband." I say, hugging her. "Who's her husband?" She asks. I smile. "Irony can sure be a bitch darlin'. My sister is married to your brother." I say. She laughs. "Well how much grief did you give him?" She asks. We stand up and I hold her hands. "Oh trust me, I gave him hell but it's different I wasn't absent from my sister's life for 10 years. I visited as much as I possibly could. Tully never even told us he had a sister." I explain. She laughs slightly. "It figures. We were never close. If you ask me we were more neighbors than siblings that's how distant we were." She says. "He does care about you." I say. "Sometimes I wish he didn't, then he wouldn't be all up in our grill!" She mutters clenching her fists. "Calm down, sweetheart, relax your hands." I say. She does. "Why can't life be simple?" She whimpers. "Simple ain't fun!" I exclaim, smiling down at her. She smiles too. I kiss her. "Now come on, let's go get some dinner." I say, walking with her to the door. We get in my truck. "Where to, honey?" I ask. She shrugs. "You pick." She says. I pull out of her drive. "I was wonderin' and it's okay if you say no but do you wanna move in with me?" I ask. Her eyes go wide. "Wow, that took me by surprise!" She says. "Why?" I ask. "I've never moved in with a guy before." She says. "I'm not just a guy. I'm your guy and I wanna spend the rest of my life with you, no matter what Tully thinks. Baby I never thought true love existed until you came along." I say, pulling her close to me. "Yeah, I wanna move in with you." She says. I smile. I kiss the top of her head then drive to a burger place. After dinner, we take a moonlight stroll through the park. We look out at the sparkly pond. "Nothin' compares to your beauty." I whisper, kissing her softly, one hand resting against her cheek, the other on her hip. "Ya know that first day when you said you weren't into relationships?" I ask. She nods. "I'm glad you were lyin'." She laughs. "Oh and ya got lucky, I fell in love with you and your country boy's world." She whispers, kissing me by the light of the midnight moon. We sit on a park bench, her head resting on my shoulder, just enjoying the night. "This night couldn't get better." She whispers with a smile. Let's hope it can't get worse! My head is really starting to hurt all of a sudden. I think it's from hitting it on the truck. "I have been blessed." She says. Nah, I'm the one who's been blessed by this little angel. Man this headache is getting worse. I'll take some headache meds when I get home. She falls asleep so I carry her to my truck and drive to my house. I take some meds then get in bed beside her. This day has been exhausting.