Big heart

Jason's pov

*after the tour*

We get back home and the first thing I do is go down to the bar, hoping and praying that kid is there. I wait for a few hours but he's not here. How am I gonna find him? I sit down at the bar, trying to think. "Hey you're back!" I nearly jump in my seat. "You're sneaky, kid." I mutter, pointing. He smiles. "Yeah I'm a quiet kid. That's how I'm able to get in here." Well, I should ask him. "I was thinkin' you told me a while back you didn't have parents." His smile fades and he nods. "I was wondering if you want to come live with us and our son Daniel." His eyes get really wide. "Wait! Are you saying you'll adopt me?!" He cries. I smile and nod.

Miranda's pov

"I'm so excited, mama!" Danny cries, jumping up and down. I laugh and hug him. "This'll be fun." He says. I nod and try to calm him down as the door opens. "Daddy!" Danny cries, running over. He smiles and picks up the rambunctious 6 year old. "Did you find him?" I ask. He nods. "His name is Henry. He's fifteen." He turns back around. "Come on bud, it's okay." He says, waving. He walks over, long blonde hair in his face. He moves it out of the way but he looks shy. I smile. "So how was the training going?" He asks. I stop short surprised. "How'd you know I trained?" I gape. "You're the girl who ran at the old school track right?" I nod. "I well used to live there." He mumbles, looking down. "It's alright kiddo. Let's go get something for dinner. Hey Danny go change that shirt it's got a stain." He nods and runs upstairs. "No running." I call.

*later*

I change into my nightshirt. Jason gets out of the shower. "Ya think he was the one who slammed the door at the school that day?" I ask. "I doubt it since he knew who I was." He says, laying down tiredly. "I don't wanna go on tour for a long time. I'm exhausted." He mumbles, closing his eyes. I smile and kiss his cheek and lay down beside him tired too.

*the next day*

"Hey babe, we've got to go sign adoption forms today." Jason calls from downstairs. I get dressed for the day, still pretty worn out. Ugh, I hope I'm not getting sick again. I throw a warm robe on and go downstairs. Danny's still asleep. Jason and Henry are watching TV. I smile and sit beside them. "The courthouse opens at noon so we'll go then I guess." He says, putting an arm around me. I smile and lay my head on his shoulder, falling back to sleep almost instantly.

Jason's pov

"She sure is tired. Maybe she shouldn't run so much." Henry says, looking over. I smile and pat her head. "She doesn't do that anymore. Already won the Olympics." His eyes get wide. "Wow, that's awesome."

*later*

We go down and sign the forms. When we get back in my truck, Danny wants to go to the park. "What about y'all?" I ask. "Yeah sure." Henry says. Miranda nods. We'll go out for dinner after. We go to the park and let the kids play and it's pretty sweet seeing Henry hang out with Danny like he is. Most teenagers don't take the time with a little kid.

Sorry its so short